Talk

Advanced search

to hate that bloody bit on BBC when that bloody woman talks about the man with LD's

(10 Posts)
threesocksmorgan Thu 11-Oct-12 22:41:34

and his carer ill-treating him.
why the fuck do they keep showing it,
I avoid all programmes like that as my dd spends time at respite.
yet I cannot avoid it as it is in-between programmes

Twinkleinmyeye Fri 12-Oct-12 17:10:50

Haven't seen it, and hope I don't. sad stuff like that upsets me a lot too.

dontcallmehon Fri 12-Oct-12 17:11:59

I hate it too sad Horrible.

YouMayLogOut Fri 12-Oct-12 19:34:02

YANBU. No problem as part of a programme but not as a "filler" in between.

bulletwithspookybatwings Fri 12-Oct-12 19:45:17

It's awful, I sobbed my heart out. sad

I haven't seen it. What is it?

lovebunny Fri 12-Oct-12 19:50:26

i hate it. it really upsets me. i already know, i don't need reminding. its fear of that sort of thing that's making my dad unwilling to put my mum in a care home.

reddaisy Fri 12-Oct-12 19:50:59

I hate it too.

ChoccyJules Fri 12-Oct-12 19:53:22

It really upset me when I saw it for the first (and so far only) time last night, they put it on right before question time.

I switched channels for a few seconds but not quite quick enough. I assume it's a trailer for a panorama-type prog into care home abuse. It's horrible.

I know it's supposed to be horrible but I would like to choose whether to actually see this stuff on video, it's not like I have my head in the sand about abuse. I am just personally not strong enough to see things like that atm.

Actually I might just complain, now OP has reminded me...

Oh, a trailer for a documentary?

It is very distressing to watch these kinds of things, must be unbearable if you have a loved one who needs care/support.

I do think these programmes do an important job in exposing abuse, but I can see that a shocking trailer would really upset a parent/family member of someone with learning disabilities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now