Talk

Advanced search

Amazon selling calling me on the phone about feedback.

(13 Posts)
DinosaursOnASpaceship Thu 11-Oct-12 21:53:27

I ordered my children's Christmas presents from amazon about 6 weeks ago. I ordered from a seller that stated they would post next day, recorded delivery.

So ordered and paid, waited a week and nothing had arrived. Emailed and asked when I could expect my order as it should have been posted next day 1st class. They replied saying it had definately been posted that day, recorded delivery and that they could guarantee I would get it with in the next couple of days.

Fast forward to over a weeks time and it still hadn't arrived. I was worrying as this was my main present for my boys and id had to save up for it, so I emailed again asking for confirmation that it had been posted and saying that unless it was received in 3 days time I wanted a refund. I got a reply agai. Promising it would be posted etc

It arrived a week later.

The box was a bit battered but the items seem to work so I put them away and left negative feed back pretty much saying what I've said here. Long delays in posting, given incorrect information when emailing, damaged box.

I've had a few emails from the seller asking me to remove the negative feedback, which I replied to saying I'd rather not as I felt it was accurate.

And then tonight weeks later, I get a phone call from a mobile number asking me what my problem was and telling me to remove the feedback. He wasn't unpleasant on the phone but it was awkward and I felt put on the spot and pressured. I told him I had no Internet.

I'm uncomfortable with him having my phone number to be honest, and I don't see why I should remove the negative feedback and I'm not sure why they are do bothered all these weeks on. AIBU?

YouSmegHead Thu 11-Oct-12 21:55:04

I agree don't remove it.

picnicbasketcase Thu 11-Oct-12 21:55:25

Is there an option to report them on Amazon? The seller shouldn't be accessing your contact details to harass you.

BabylonPI Thu 11-Oct-12 21:56:28

Do not remove it; and report the seller to Amazon.

ThreeWheelsGood Thu 11-Oct-12 21:57:43

wow, tell Amazon. it's not okay for the seller to contact you like that. yanbu.

Needalifeagain Thu 11-Oct-12 22:00:09

Would not think Amazon would have given him your number so definetely report it. Poor firm from seller.

CaliforniaLeaving Thu 11-Oct-12 22:02:27

Definitly report him to Amazon that was way out of line.

CaliforniaLeaving Thu 11-Oct-12 22:02:53

Oops Definitely.

AgentZigzag Thu 11-Oct-12 22:10:59

Ewww, creepy, they shouldn't have rung you.

Agree with reporting them to Amazon, what's the point of feedback if you can't leave what you want?

McHappyPants2012 Thu 11-Oct-12 22:18:14

Keep it there he has a nerve calling.

Rule 1 if you don't want negitive feed back keep to advertise p&p and make sure it accurate

LeFreak Thu 11-Oct-12 22:27:28

Agree report them to amazon.

They weren't called buy-for-less-online by any chance? <recalls similar horrific amazon experience>

DinosaursOnASpaceship Thu 11-Oct-12 22:36:40

It was accessorize direct (have added a space incase they googled themselves) I did wonder how they got my number but I must have filled it in on amazon at some point.

I will have a look for a report button, I use the amazon app so might have to go onto the main site to find it. I was confused when they phoned, took me a good few minutes to work out who they were (language/accent barrier and I was trying to get ds3 into bed)

I wasn't sure if it was a normal thing for an amazon seller to do as I've not really used amazon much before.

Stinkyminkymoo Thu 11-Oct-12 23:06:23

I had this. I got really shitty service from an Amazon seller and left negative feedback after they refused to refund me for an item that not only wasn't the brand I ordered, it was totally inferior. The fact that the items were bought to aid my baby horses recovery and were beyond useless irritated me even more.

After having heard nothing back from them for weeks I posted negative feedback & lo and behold they called me & refunded the difference on the proviso I remove the feedback. I have no idea how they got my number which I'm annoyed about and I haven't got round to doing it yet, see how they like to be kept waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now