Talk

Advanced search

to think I may need to be saved from myself as I am such a greedy cow

(5 Posts)
orangeflute Thu 11-Oct-12 21:26:54

Evening all, I need help and quick. We are looking at p/x on a strata house and have received an offer on our property today. We have been told that we need to reserve by midday tomorrow. I am so excited but dont want to get carried away and want a good deal. Builder has offered us just below the stamp duty threshold so is already saving 1250 by doing so. Would I be a greedy cow in asking for some extras and maybe a little help with our own stamp duty/legal costs? Many thanks xx

fryingpantoface Thu 11-Oct-12 21:54:11

Can't hurt to ask. Make sure you know what you want (carpets etc) and go for it.

orangeflute Thu 11-Oct-12 22:24:06

So if they say no, do they mean no or do you persist? I just dont know x

fryingpantoface Fri 12-Oct-12 09:44:54

I'd try again. I'd say that your budget doesn't stretch that far. See what he says. If it's a no then, then give up

mutny Fri 12-Oct-12 09:48:43

If they say no they mean no. I assume you will have to pay a reservation fee, so after mid day there is must room to negotiate
I would give it a try, but what you have to remember is the part ex is you 'deal'.

Had you have sold your house had gone to them and just bought a house, they would have given you things.

There are paying estate agents fees etc for your current home so thats why I would say it would probably be a no.

But I believe you should always ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now