Talk

Advanced search

to think they should have left a voicemail

(6 Posts)
desperateforaholiday Thu 11-Oct-12 21:10:05

Not sure if I am being unreasonable and or precious. Ds has just started nursery school, he had a fall today and bumped his eye, the school rang me twice but I was in a meeting and didn't have my phone on me. I had 2 missed calls from a withheld number and no message was left. I didn't know it was the school that had rang, I thought it must have been a sales call.
Aibu to think that they should have left a message?

Jenny70 Thu 11-Oct-12 21:14:33

YANBU, if they felt they needed to call you, they should have left a message.

Did they contact anyone else on your contact list (we have to nominate 3), so therefore didn't try again and leave message?

Maybe chat to teacher/reception about what the protocol is (or should be).

desperateforaholiday Thu 11-Oct-12 21:21:22

My dh had 1 missed call, also a withheld number with no message, he heard his phone but was putting ds2 to bed for a nap so wasn't able to answer it. Unfortunately we havent got anybody else on the contact list. Will be speaking to the school tomorrow I think and also give them my mum's number.

FryOneGhoulishGhostlyManic Thu 11-Oct-12 21:33:47

Does the school know their number comes up as withheld? I was called by a friend, missed it and her number came up as withheld. She hadn't known it was set like that. So even though I'd had the number programmed in, it was the first time she'd actually rung me from that number and it came up withheld.

desperateforaholiday Thu 11-Oct-12 21:44:27

I dont know, I will ask them. I have got the schools number programmed into my phone as well.

kinkyfuckery Thu 11-Oct-12 23:49:45

They probably aren't allowed to leave a message until they know they have contacted the correct person.

Data protection and all that bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now