Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To hate tax credits

(9 Posts)
DingbatsFur Thu 11-Oct-12 20:10:45

Because it is simply too complicated?
Tax credits wanted to know DH'a earnings for 2 years ago. Asked the tax office who kindly provide a list of his earnings. Fill in form. Make small mistake. Letter arrives from tax office confirming that tax credits cross checked with tax office, revealing small mistake in my math.
So, if you can cross check. Why can't you talk to each other so I don't have to fill in the form? Remove the middle person & all the crap. No more miscalculations. No more rubbish overpayments.
Bah

vj32 Thu 11-Oct-12 20:17:51

Why doesn't your DH know his earnings from two years ago?
All forms are complicated. Its sort of the point of a form. TC one is much better than the old JSA paper forms that used to ask you 3 times if you received a war widows pension.

vj32 Thu 11-Oct-12 20:18:24

Get your DH to do it. Much less stressful that way!

DingbatsFur Thu 11-Oct-12 20:45:09

Because he worked for 2 different places & ended up claiming JSA at one point. We didn't have a final total for the JSA amount.

londonone Thu 11-Oct-12 20:48:32

Oh yes, how annoying having to fill out a form before you get the cash handout. Imagine the inconvenience. It can be avoided you know. You don't have to claim.

KatyPeril Thu 11-Oct-12 20:49:35

They're motherfucking wanking bastards.

boodles Thu 11-Oct-12 20:50:54

It does seem a pain getting them all the info. However, I would rather have the money. When I had my first child there was no minimum wage and no tax credits. I cannot tell you how poor we were and this wasn't that long ago. When I subsiquently split with my partner and had to go on benefits for a while and I felt rich! (I found my income support book from the time a few years ago, I used to get just over £70 a week)

morethanpotatoprints Thu 11-Oct-12 21:04:56

Londonone.

I take it you have never had to rely on tax credit. Wow you are really fortunate. Perhaps you could show compassion for others less fortunate? Maybe not.

DingbatsFur Thu 11-Oct-12 21:09:18

@Londone I frankly didn't want to claim but had to ensure they had correct information so they didn't come after us for supposed 'overpayments'.

You're right Boodles!

If the tax offices just spoke to their separate branches then it would be simpler. Also, an online form wouldn't hurt, really it wouldn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now