Talk

Advanced search

To think that ringing the doorbell shouldn't be a special instruction?

(10 Posts)
scentednappyhag Thu 11-Oct-12 20:10:31

Ordered pizza from Dominos online (home alone/lazy) to be delivered at 19:15.
Just called them to see if it was on its way as I'm starving, and apparently the driver had already tried to deliver and no one was home, but they'd be happy to try again in 25 mins.
I said that I'd been home all night, and this time could they ring the doorbell please passive aggressive.
The man replied 'that wasn't in the special instructions box.' REALLY?!
I live in a block of flats, so it's not even as if the driver has knocked on the door and I didn't hear it...
AIBU to think that a delivery person should know to try and get the attention of the person inside the house before driving off with my carb laden cheesy calorie fest?
Starving sad

Felicitywascold Thu 11-Oct-12 20:12:05

Yanbu, go mental on the phone and they'll give you free stuff to make up for it though!

scentednappyhag Thu 11-Oct-12 20:13:40

I did try, but the guy just said 'do you want the order or not?' hmm
And I really, really do. Stupid Dominos.

Felicitywascold Thu 11-Oct-12 20:15:11

Phone back tomorrow day time and ask for a manager. trust me I'm the dominos complaining expert

PigeonsCanClimbStairs Thu 11-Oct-12 20:15:37

You'd think it'd be common sense really, unless you're expected to have something akin to spider sense but for take away food ...

CrikeyOHare Thu 11-Oct-12 20:16:10

How bloody ridiculous.

You should have been more aggressive & less passive on the phone to the manager - and your next pizza would have been free.

They're good like this, Dominos. Even though they are outrageously expensive.

xEmilyJx Thu 11-Oct-12 20:18:10

Dominoes never ring our doorbell, it really annoys me. The only reason we know it is here is the dog runs to the door.

scentednappyhag Thu 11-Oct-12 20:25:15

I am very grumpy and very hungry. I am a tip free zone tonight hmm I'll feel terrible as I always tip, but this is bloody ridiculous.

McHappyPants2012 Thu 11-Oct-12 20:31:05

This bugged me when living in a flat, I bought glow in the dark numbers and put a note on the door please ring door bell.... And still the delivery drivers knocked the door.

scentednappyhag Thu 11-Oct-12 20:37:56

Just arrived. I paid (full price), got my change and closed the door. A minute later he buzzed again, he'd given me £1 too much change hmm
I'll call them tomorrow afternoon, an hour and a half to get a small pizza is madness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now