Talk

Advanced search

To get the bus and leave my friend

(6 Posts)
detectivebeaver Thu 11-Oct-12 16:29:48

Just as it sounds really. Went shopping with a friend and we both bought loads. It was really heavy and it's about 2 miles home. I said lets get the bus home. She didn't want to as it costs £1 and she is quite skint.

Last week the same thing happened and i paid her fare as i have a disabled bus pass. This weekend i had literally no cash on me so couldn't.

I got the bus on my own but felt very mean. Was i mean? Should i have to walk just because someone else doesn't want to get the bus?

candyflossisevil Thu 11-Oct-12 16:42:42

I would of got the bus. Surely she could of put aside one pound if she could afford to be out shopping? hmm

Paiviaso Thu 11-Oct-12 16:42:51

If she is buying loads when out shopping, then I wouldn't have thought £1 for the bus would be a stretch. Her decision though.

I understand how you would feel a bit mean, abandoning her on the walk home. Perhaps you could warn in advance next time? "I may be getting the bus home afterwards" in case this changes her plans at all.

Sastra Thu 11-Oct-12 16:49:30

If you have a disabled bus pass I'm sure it means that you needed to get on the bus and your friend would understand that?

LynetteScavo Thu 11-Oct-12 17:01:08

YANBU. If you have a disabled bus pass, I'm guessing it's because you need it. No, you shouldn't walk two miles home because your friend ran out of money. She budgeted her money, and chose to spend her cash on shopping rather than the bus.

ScaryBOOAlot Thu 11-Oct-12 17:07:07

Your friend is a tit for not having put £1 away for the bus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now