Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to be cross or am I just hormonal

(14 Posts)
advance01 Thu 11-Oct-12 14:45:09

So I have just had dd. Have 2 older children. Discused with dp about getting new dd to buy older dc a small gift to help prevent jealousy etc. ie £10.00 ish
So whilst I was still in hospital dh went to Lego Shop and spent over £100 on 2 dc and a similar amount on himself.
New dd apparrently brought gifts for daddy and other dc according to my older dd.
So I asked what had she got mummy. (Petty probably) Apparently didn't know what to get.
AIBU to think that dh of 14 years should be able to choose a small gift for me and WIBU to go out and spent £100 on myself. (once I can drive)

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 11-Oct-12 14:47:18

YWNBU to go and spend £100 on yourself, plus then you will get just what you want.

monkeysbignuts Thu 11-Oct-12 14:49:19

£100!! oh crumbs lol, that is a little excessive and yes he should have bought you something!

I have just spent about £50 on my two little ones because I am due any day now (39+4) it aways helps to soften the blow for the kiddies smile

eurowitch Thu 11-Oct-12 14:52:08

Hell no! Start planning what to spend the £100 on now!

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 14:56:16

Did your DP buy himself Lego?

advance01 Thu 11-Oct-12 14:59:23

Yes he did. sparklingbrook. I live in a house full of Lego nuts!

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 15:00:05

Which Lego set do you fancy advance? grin

VinegarTits Thu 11-Oct-12 15:01:11

shes very generous your new dd, do you think she would buy me an ipad? wink

yanbu

LFCisTarkaDahl Thu 11-Oct-12 15:01:26

What d'you mean once you can drive?

Internet shopping my dear wink

www.amazon.co.uk, www.jomalone.co.uk, www.goodshitfornewmums.co.uk grin

monkeysbignuts Thu 11-Oct-12 15:01:32

I would fancy a nice new pandora bracelet or a necklace if it was me smile
p.s valuable lesson, never leave it to a man haha.

LittleprincessinGOLDrocks Thu 11-Oct-12 15:09:16

YANBU
When DS was born DD chose a toy for him to welcome him, and DS "brought" a gift for DD. It was not an expensive gift at all for either of them.
And both times I had babies daddy bought Mummy a treat - eternity rings. (yes I have 2, but very different one trillogy ring one classic eternity band).

Get online and get a gift delivered. Jewlery with your DC birthstone on perhaps? Or the pandora bracelet as pp suggested?

EricNorthmansFangBanger Thu 11-Oct-12 15:32:26

LFCis - I clicked on that last link blush blush blush I blame it on pregnancy brain!!

EricNorthmansFangBanger Thu 11-Oct-12 15:33:31

Sorry I posted before I was ready! blush

OP - YANBU! Enjoy spending :D

valiumredhead Thu 11-Oct-12 15:36:05

I think some men go a bit bonkers after the birth of their kids, dh trotted off to Hamleys and spent a huge amount of money on a Steiff teddy. He would NEVER spend that much normally, in fact he'd laugh at anyone who did! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now