Talk

Advanced search

Eleanors Daily Rant™

(245 Posts)
EleanorBloodBathsket Thu 11-Oct-12 12:27:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Thu 11-Oct-12 12:28:53

I have a wine glass that holds a full bottle of wine. They are the only acceptable glasses.

EleanorBloodBathsket Thu 11-Oct-12 12:30:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Thu 11-Oct-12 12:30:52

I put half a bottle in as I'm a lady of course grin

Nancy66 Thu 11-Oct-12 12:32:00

if he also puts empty cartons back in the fridge then you have grounds for divorce.

alienreflux Thu 11-Oct-12 12:32:24

yes, too small pans are an abomination

Everlong Thu 11-Oct-12 12:33:12

I have the rage when dh scoops crumbs from the table then drops them on the floor. Just put them in the bin angry

Also when he puts the dishwasher on with 2 plates and a cup in it. Grrrr.

worldgonecrazy Thu 11-Oct-12 12:34:49

I will join you in the wine glasses rant. If pubs are serving wine then it should be poured properly in the right amount, in the right glass for the wine. Not in a 175ml fill-it-up-to-the-line glass, one size fits all.

I understand that legally, wine has to be sold in set measures, but why can't the pubs put the wine in a small measured jug or carafe and allow the customer to pour the wine into the glass?

ChaosTrulyReigns Thu 11-Oct-12 12:53:42

Well.

I'd like my own rant.

The calibre of these rants.

Sad.

I only manged a few mouthfuls of cawffee.

I remember in the good old days, the rants could fill a whole cawffee and cake sesh.

Rants ain't wot they used to be.

<<gestures inappropriately with perfectly sized still full mug>>

You hvae let me down Eleanor.

INeedThatForkOff Thu 11-Oct-12 12:56:32

And what about mugs that are too thick to keep the heat in? Must be fine porcelain every time. Thank you.

scorpionne Thu 11-Oct-12 12:59:58

I know that red and white wine should go in the right glasses. And I do like things to be right. But, I have a pointy nose which gives me trouble when I drink white wine out of the skinnier glasses. Dilemma.

Nancy66 Thu 11-Oct-12 13:01:38

Square plates piss me off as well.

ThatBloodyKnid Thu 11-Oct-12 13:02:33

Square plates are an abomination.

EldritchCleavage Thu 11-Oct-12 13:04:00

Goblet shapes for wine please, not balloons on silly long thin stems that fall over if you only look at them. I hate those.

JollyJack Thu 11-Oct-12 13:05:25

Dh half fills dirty pans with water and leaves them to soak. So rather than me scrubbing briefly then putting the dirty pan in the dishwasher, I first have to empty out grotty cold water, then scrub, then put it in the dishwasher.

He also leaves the sink full of scummy water after he washes the dishes.

And he opens a pack of part baked baguettes, cooks only one and puts the other back in the cupboard. I eventually discover it when it's blue and the kitchen is stinking of mould.

ThatBloodyKnid Thu 11-Oct-12 13:05:30

I hate wine.

greenhill Thu 11-Oct-12 13:06:26

I agree with everyone.

ScreamingNaanAndGoryOn Thu 11-Oct-12 13:06:28

First. World. Problems. grin

<runs away>

ThatBloodyKnid Thu 11-Oct-12 13:07:49

Anyway, you didn't ask an AIBU question. So YABU. Where is Trills?

Anniegetyourgun Thu 11-Oct-12 13:09:03

DS4 will insist on making scrambled egg in a frying pan. Cannot get him to use a saucepan for love nor money. (Not that I'd give him money for it, but still.) Then DS3 came to stay with us for a week and he made scrambled egg in the frying pan as well. Plebs! Philistines!

greenhill Thu 11-Oct-12 13:09:09

Apart from knid I like wine, but only one glass or I get a dry mouth am knocking off policeman's helmets, according to my DH

Schlock Thu 11-Oct-12 13:13:10

My dh, when boiling vegetables puts the bloody water in the bloody pan before having chopped the bloody things. He ALWAYS puts in too much water. I have explained the law of bloody displacement to him time and time again and how too much water costs more to bloody boil.

Bloody man.

scorpionne Thu 11-Oct-12 13:20:29

My DM puts the cold water and veggies in the pan at the same time and heats up to boiling. It gives the veggies that special mush consistency.

furrygoldone Thu 11-Oct-12 13:20:54

DH cuts things like cheese and cucumber with a blunt knife it makes me want to stab him with the blunts knife.

He also keeps bringing me water when I'm breast feeding, which is nice of him, but then rather than handing me water he puts it just out of reach, I asked hi why apparently it's so I don't knock it over hmm

greenhill Thu 11-Oct-12 13:23:48

furry you need a very long straw for that drink...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now