Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

had no idea where to post this!

(9 Posts)
ditsydoll Thu 11-Oct-12 10:23:11

Sorry I know this isn't the right place for this thread but had no idea where to post...

Just looking for some help with a tiny nursery space, our nursery is over the stairwell and has a boxed in part of the room, so the room is a small square box room but with this stupid box in over the stairs. Any ideas, what to do with the space?

WorraLiberty Thu 11-Oct-12 10:25:56

We have exactly the same box room and my DH built a little wardrobe on it. It's got pigeon hole shelves on one side and a carousel type clothes rail on the other.

EleanorBloodBathsket Thu 11-Oct-12 10:27:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ditsydoll Thu 11-Oct-12 10:28:39

That's a good idea, they're such a pain those little boxes aren't they.

ditsydoll Thu 11-Oct-12 10:30:27

I had thought about using the box for storage but didn't know where to start.

bracken101 Thu 11-Oct-12 10:30:32

My Nursery has one, we use it as a changing space, it's ideal! It has the mat and a big basket with nappies etc in. Above the basket are shelves.

Chocchip88 Thu 11-Oct-12 10:30:53

My son's room is exactly the same. It's a right pain to be honest. There is a window to the side of it so we can't really build a wardrobe there. At the moment it's just there and annoying but options we are considering are - getting someone to build a bed frame around it so it is just part of under the bed or turning it into a desk. He could then rest his feet on the slopey bit.

cantspel Thu 11-Oct-12 10:33:13

the box is the void over the stairwell so you have the head height to walk down the stairs without knocking your head off.

ditsydoll Thu 11-Oct-12 10:45:48

Yeah I know, it obviously has to be there but it can be tricky trying to find uses for it. We already have a big changing unit from our DD which we will use again but maybe we could put some shelves on and get some of those boxes from idea and use them as extra storage as its such a small room. There is a window on the other side of the room so god knows there the cot will go (once baby is out of our room) DD has a huge room and I'm feeling kind of guilty that DC2 will be stuck in the box room, but its unavoidable unless they share when the baby is older but id rather they each had their own space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now