Talk

Advanced search

to remind you all that today is world menta l health day

(6 Posts)
glamourousgranny42 Thu 11-Oct-12 08:28:41

And ask everyone to spend some time trying to promote awareness of mental illness. That might be talking to someone who has a n illness or finding out a bit more about an illness. To all you who have your own personal experience I wish you a happy and positive day smile

RabbitsMakeGOLDEggs Thu 11-Oct-12 08:34:26

Hi. My name is Rabbits and I have anxious (avoidant) personality disorder and recurrent depressive disorder. I have suffered with mental health problems since I was four years old. I am not ashamed of who I am or what illnesses I suffer from. I am proud to be the person I am in spite of these conditions.

smile

PeggyCarter Thu 11-Oct-12 08:37:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

redrighthand Thu 11-Oct-12 08:48:23

It was yesterday, we did a 5km run in Camp Bastion to raise money/awareness. Gethin Jones (swoon) did it too! We raised about $700.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 11-Oct-12 09:17:49

Shame it was yesterday! I've also suffered with depression off and on (thankfully more off recently) since I was 17 years old. I'm very supportivr of MH issues, and find it a shame that there is still such a taboo about it

glamourousgranny42 Thu 11-Oct-12 18:29:41

Lol! Obviously part of BPD is losing track of what day it is!! Could swear it was weds today!! One of my students kindly put me right this morning. Haha. Don't hold it against me and congrats to everyone who marked the day. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now