Talk

Advanced search

Venice for 4 days

(17 Posts)
cheekypickle Thu 11-Oct-12 07:57:14

A friend of ours who I completely trust (doctor as it goes) has offered to look after DD 15months for 4 days so DH and I can go to Venice.

AIBU to leave her??

UltraBOF Thu 11-Oct-12 07:58:57

Fucking hell, NO! Go for it envy

cheekypickle Thu 11-Oct-12 08:00:21

4 days isn't that long really

CreamOfTomatoSoup Thu 11-Oct-12 08:04:14

YABU, Venice is really touristy. Go to Berlin, it's much better!

But yes, enjoy your break, DD will have a great time!

UltraBOF Thu 11-Oct-12 08:05:22

No, Venice is incredibly beautiful- everybody should see it at least once.

Chopstheduck Thu 11-Oct-12 08:07:43

nooo, go for it!

I left mine at a similar out to go Nice, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus Venice is gorgeous and far better without a pushchair in tow.

ripsishere Thu 11-Oct-12 08:08:41

Not at all U. envy inducing, but not U.

WelshMaenad Thu 11-Oct-12 08:16:41

I adore Venice. Have a wonderful time!

Daddyshambles Thu 11-Oct-12 14:37:02

Yes, YABVVU .....

Seeing as you're staying at home now, I don't suppose you would fancy looking after my DC's so DW & I can go away for a few days would you? I've heard Venice is lovely ... smile

Of course you should go, and don't take DD as a pushchair would be an absolute nightmare in Venice.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 11-Oct-12 15:39:08

I always say go for it on these threads BUT DH recently took DD away to family for three nights. It was bloody awful. I didn't sleep, the house was too quiet and I missed them horribly. OTOH it is Venice grin

valiumredhead Thu 11-Oct-12 15:46:28

Go!!!!! grin

How is work going OP? Have things settled down a bit?

shrimponastick Thu 11-Oct-12 15:46:35

Get gone!

If your friend is willing then let her.

I think it is good practice to go away as a couple, can't be parents ALL the time.

Let us know how Venice is smile

MissAnnersley Thu 11-Oct-12 15:49:48

You should definitely go.

Venice is beautiful.

MadgeHarvey Thu 11-Oct-12 15:50:01

Venice is unbelievable and you should pull out all the stops to make sure you go! 4 days is exactly enough to see everything you need to see and more besides. When are you going? Soon? It's nicer at this time of year - still warm and lovely but without the zillion tourists that make it rather hideous in high season. Go. I insist. Tell everyone I said it was ok!

MikeOxardForHalloween Thu 11-Oct-12 17:00:14

Erm, really? How well does dd know the friend? Does the friend have children/will they know what they are doing with her? I just wouldn't. Take your dd with you. At that age she will miss you terribly for that long, both daddy and mummy going. sad Sorry.

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Thu 11-Oct-12 17:02:33

Are you still here. I'd have finished my packing by now.

Have a lovely time.

SoleSource Thu 11-Oct-12 17:17:55

Go for it cheekypickle! Hope you love it. DD will be.fine. You relax and YADNBU smile

Bring me a stick of rock back.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: