Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Venice for 4 days

(17 Posts)
cheekypickle Thu 11-Oct-12 07:57:14

A friend of ours who I completely trust (doctor as it goes) has offered to look after DD 15months for 4 days so DH and I can go to Venice.

AIBU to leave her??

UltraBOF Thu 11-Oct-12 07:58:57

Fucking hell, NO! Go for it envy

cheekypickle Thu 11-Oct-12 08:00:21

4 days isn't that long really

CreamOfTomatoSoup Thu 11-Oct-12 08:04:14

YABU, Venice is really touristy. Go to Berlin, it's much better!

But yes, enjoy your break, DD will have a great time!

UltraBOF Thu 11-Oct-12 08:05:22

No, Venice is incredibly beautiful- everybody should see it at least once.

Chopstheduck Thu 11-Oct-12 08:07:43

nooo, go for it!

I left mine at a similar out to go Nice, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus Venice is gorgeous and far better without a pushchair in tow.

ripsishere Thu 11-Oct-12 08:08:41

Not at all U. envy inducing, but not U.

WelshMaenad Thu 11-Oct-12 08:16:41

I adore Venice. Have a wonderful time!

Daddyshambles Thu 11-Oct-12 14:37:02

Yes, YABVVU .....

Seeing as you're staying at home now, I don't suppose you would fancy looking after my DC's so DW & I can go away for a few days would you? I've heard Venice is lovely ... smile

Of course you should go, and don't take DD as a pushchair would be an absolute nightmare in Venice.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 11-Oct-12 15:39:08

I always say go for it on these threads BUT DH recently took DD away to family for three nights. It was bloody awful. I didn't sleep, the house was too quiet and I missed them horribly. OTOH it is Venice grin

valiumredhead Thu 11-Oct-12 15:46:28

Go!!!!! grin

How is work going OP? Have things settled down a bit?

shrimponastick Thu 11-Oct-12 15:46:35

Get gone!

If your friend is willing then let her.

I think it is good practice to go away as a couple, can't be parents ALL the time.

Let us know how Venice is smile

MissAnnersley Thu 11-Oct-12 15:49:48

You should definitely go.

Venice is beautiful.

MadgeHarvey Thu 11-Oct-12 15:50:01

Venice is unbelievable and you should pull out all the stops to make sure you go! 4 days is exactly enough to see everything you need to see and more besides. When are you going? Soon? It's nicer at this time of year - still warm and lovely but without the zillion tourists that make it rather hideous in high season. Go. I insist. Tell everyone I said it was ok!

MikeOxardForHalloween Thu 11-Oct-12 17:00:14

Erm, really? How well does dd know the friend? Does the friend have children/will they know what they are doing with her? I just wouldn't. Take your dd with you. At that age she will miss you terribly for that long, both daddy and mummy going. sad Sorry.

Are you still here. I'd have finished my packing by now.

Have a lovely time.

SoleSource Thu 11-Oct-12 17:17:55

Go for it cheekypickle! Hope you love it. DD will be.fine. You relax and YADNBU smile

Bring me a stick of rock back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now