Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that this is not enough?

(4 Posts)
BlueSkySinking Wed 10-Oct-12 21:48:00

My gentle son (very happy in his year group with lots of friends) has been physically bullied non stop by one boy the last couple of weeks. The bully is aged 10 and all the incidents have happened in school. The head is useless. Weak leadership and lax discipline. He got logged in the naughty folder initially. Now after being the bully has hurt more people, his father has been spoken to. I just know this is only the start of the bullying. The bully has family issues. Should I do something to make things stop? What can I do? Seeing my boy so sad breaks my heart. AIBU to think that the punishment so far isn't enough.

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Wed 10-Oct-12 21:51:12

How old is your DS? Is the bully in his class? The school has to do something...you need to go in, see the head and ask to see a copy of their bullying policy. The demand action...not just seeing the kids Dad...you want something to be DONE> It needs to be fixed.

If they fail then you can write to the governors.

Or you could teach DS how to fight dirty. Not the most advisable tactic but one I adopted myself aged 11 when I was getting bullied.

BlueSkySinking Wed 10-Oct-12 22:08:32

In the class yes. DH is 9. Completely forgot about the governors but that cold be the way forward.

Sal100 Wed 10-Oct-12 22:14:07

does your school have a written policy for bullying?

put a complaint in to the chair of governors and they will have to respond. Our school has 10 days and will set up a meeting and involve a parent governor. Due to this the bullying policy has been changed recently. But you need a parent govenor there to make sure it doesnt get brushed under the carpet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now