Talk

Advanced search

to think this does not count as customer services...rant warning

(8 Posts)
lunar1 Wed 10-Oct-12 20:35:29

An email arrived today from Scottish Power, my energy deal ends next month and I should call customer services to talk about my options.

For once in my life I get on right away and ring them, get told we dont really have any offers except the one you are on and another one.

When I asked which would work out cheaper she said I dont know! she then told me I could check the prices online. How the fuckity fuck is this customer services? How is the cost of gas and electricity so complicated, why cant they just give honest prices?

Can you imagine going to a restaurant ordering food with question marks next to the prices and just paying a bill plucked out of thin air at the end.

How can scottish power tell me they dont know their own prices and that i have to check their website, idiots!

KatieScarlett2833 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:13:29

YANBU

I'd be looking for another provider, confused.com aren't bad.

Hassled Wed 10-Oct-12 21:19:21

YANBU.

My shite customer service rant is Orange texting me to tell me their exciting news about wifi hotspots and whathaveyou at 4 in the morning. After they'd woken me up three times in 10 days I rang them to rant a bit - and apparently there is nothing they can do to stop texting people in the middle of the night. It's almost as if there's some giant texting service which has taken all control away from Orange and is sending texts against its will.

The nice lady told me my options were a) no texts at all = no knowledge of sometimes quite useful information or b) stop using my phone as an alarm clock and switch it off at night. Piss poor.

GhostofMammaTJ Wed 10-Oct-12 21:21:30

Hassled, I work nights and use my phone as an alarm during the day. I turn it off and the alarm still works, then asks if I want the phone to 'power on'.

lunar1 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:25:24

Hassled, i had a similar thing with boots. I had already signed up for PG announcements and sadly miscarried. I was traumatised and to make it worse they kept sending the weekly development email. I had to change the address I had for 8 years as they said they had no way to make them stop.

Its almost as if judgment day is here and the terminators have taken over all the computers!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 10-Oct-12 21:29:04

Lunar, have just had exactly the same thing with Scottish power.

I went on uswitch, via quidco for £28 cash back. Uswitch recommended a plan with a company called ovo (I think). £15 a year cheaper than Scottish power. I've googled the company and they seem fine. Prices are fixed for 12 months.

lunar1 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:31:06

Thanks Viva, ill take a look.

Hassled Wed 10-Oct-12 21:31:24

lunar - that's shocking. No way to make them stop in your circumstances - that's just beyond awful.

Ghost - I have tried that and the alarm didn't work, but thanks for the suggestion. It's not a big deal - am happy to live without Orange's offers and info; it's just the whole "computer says no" attitude that drives me insane. Someone somewhere does have control of this stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now