Talk

Advanced search

To be disgusted by the guests on Jeremy Kyle?

(155 Posts)
MsBrown Wed 10-Oct-12 14:17:50

I think i've watched this show less than ten times. This morning was one of those times.

There was a woman who had three potential fathers to her child, and had attacked one of the men for being a bad dad - turns out he wasn't even the dad.

There was a feckless father boasting JK pays for his drugs.

Guests laugh along when JK mocks them - making them look daft.

Guests don't seem to take any pride in their personal appearance.

They all shout and scream like children, despite them having children themselves.

I hate JK, but I hate the attitudes and lifestyles of the majority of his guests even more.

Only watched it this morning because I couldn't find the remote.

As much as people say that people like this are in the minority, JK has been running for over five years, five days a week, with at least two new guests per show.

MissVerinder Wed 10-Oct-12 14:20:15

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Don't mention JK.

NoW in my head I am having the 'Who would you rather shag, JK or MW' debate and now I am IMAGINING DOING IT!

STOP IT STOP IT STOPITSTOPITSTOPITSTOPIT.

MsBrown Wed 10-Oct-12 14:23:30

MW for sure.

JK makes me retch. He's a condescending coward.

mrsrosieb Wed 10-Oct-12 14:25:51

You did not watch it because you could not find the remote. You watched it because you like to feel superior to feckless idiots-which really is not difficult.

MissVerinder Wed 10-Oct-12 14:29:57

mrsrosieb, someone I know, was on JK once. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Well spoken intelligent young man, he was. Came off as an absolute twat hmm

Makes you wonder...

Whatdoiknowanyway Wed 10-Oct-12 14:48:43

isn't that the whole point of Jeremy Kyle?
Never watched it, not my sort of thing but am surprised anyone is surprised by the content.

Leena49 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:52:32

Well then don't watch it. I've never seen it because its shit.

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 10-Oct-12 14:55:16

Laughing that you only watched it because you couldn't fine the remote.

Tamoo Wed 10-Oct-12 15:02:53

I can't watch JK because I feel agonisingly embarrassed for his guests. The subject matter, the questioning, the provocation of conflict etc, it's so patronising and demeaning and I don't think half of them realise what they look like. The audience sneers and sniggers, JK rants and shouts. The whole thing is like some sort of circus or freak show. I'm not attacking the participants, I feel genuinely sorry for them that they think national TV is the best place to air their issues.

x2boys Wed 10-Oct-12 15:03:03

a collegue of mine went as part of the audience she said jeremy and the back stage crew were winding up guests before they came on and jeremy would mess there hair just before they came out so they would look like a bit of a tosser

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Wed 10-Oct-12 15:06:39

One of his comments this morning left me speechless: "Being a mother isn't about getting up at four in the morning, lady, its about making sure your child gets the truth"

Er, I'm pretty sure its at least partially about getting up at four in the morning as well.... Particularly as said child was about 12 months and more concerned with his toes than the truth about his paternity.

porcamiseria Wed 10-Oct-12 15:07:44

they are all on benefits doncha know

usualsuspect3 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:10:00

I'm disgusted by the exploitation of the people on JK

InfestationofLannisters Wed 10-Oct-12 15:10:51

I am disgusted that people live like this, not by the people themselves.

But I am quite disgusted that Jeremy Kyle lives with himself at all.

Loobylou222 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:13:50

I like Jeremy, I will admit It makes me feel better about myself, however most of these ppl need help not ridicule and abuse, no national tv is not the place to air your dirty laundry? But the show does actually try to help ppl, and jez is right, it's all about the kids so if the parents aren't helped what hope do the poor children have?

Scrumptiouslyyummy Wed 10-Oct-12 15:15:08

That JK is as nasty as a puke filled cornish pasty! Cannot stand the arrogant fucker! He is a misogynistic wanker. He derives great pleasure when screaming in a womans face YOU'RE A DIRTY LITTLE LIAR AREN'T YOU. He clicks his fingers at the guests as though they're dogs. Can't bear to watch that shite myself. Personally, if I can't find the remote I swith the telly off. Do the 'guests' get paid on that show? What possesses them to go on his show? Wierdos!

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Oct-12 15:21:11

I'm more disgusted by JK than his guests. The show is vile, exploitative and treats the guests like dogs. Those people who, whatever you may think of them, make him very rich and are set up to entertain like the freak shows of the past.

I worry about the UK when I see how often this show is on TV, and that this is classed as entertainment. It's disgusting.

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 10-Oct-12 15:21:24

Thanks for that image Scrumtious.
I will never eat a Cornish pasty again.

Pagwatch Wed 10-Oct-12 15:25:50

If Jez is right and it actually is 'all about the kids', why does he encourage the parents to humiliate themselves on tv?

Is that somehow going to be helpful at some stage in the future?

Loobylou222 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:34:52

Maybe, maybe it will encourage them to NOT end up like their parents! I don't know why there seems to be such a Jeremy Kyle culture of ppl bit nobody seems to be doing anything about it so if the programme can help a small minority of ppl with the help of counselling etc then why not? Something has to be done about it

ShirleyRots Wed 10-Oct-12 15:35:36

"couldn't find the remote" hehe!

I am far, FAR more disgusted with the production company, ITV and Jeremey Kyle himself (and let's not forget Graham the So CALLED psychologist) who exploit, goad and then sneer at sections of our society, some of whom are very vulnerable.

<boke>

Smeghead Wed 10-Oct-12 15:35:51

A woman who works in our village shop was on there a couple of years back with her son. He was being accused of all sorts by his ex (mother of his child), some outragreous lies were told and he was told that if he didnt go on the show, it would go ahead without him.

So he went, with his mum, to defend himself. He didnt come off too badly, it was the ex that got the "JK Bollocking" , but despite him being a hardworking man who spent more time with his child than the mother did, he was still protrayed as a feckless wastrel.

That show has as much connection with the truth as I have with the moon.

ShirleyRots Wed 10-Oct-12 15:36:26

They don't provide any counselling LoobyLou. They just bear bait them and then set them back into their old lives.

Please don't believe the "hype".

Fishwife1949 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:38:47

MsBrown according to the left these type of oinks dont exist

The people on the show are very sad most have been in care due to neglect or abuse its awful awful awful

Loobylou222 Wed 10-Oct-12 15:38:58

How can they get away with saying they do then? And what about the shows where he sends ppl straight to rehab, surely that's not all forthw cameras?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now