Talk

Advanced search

No Doubt really are a bag of arse, aren't they?

(51 Posts)
BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 10-Oct-12 13:29:08

They are.

Just seen them on This Morning and several reasons really for why they are A Bag of Arse:

1. They have a career spanning twenty years apparently. How have they eked out a 20 year career out of shit cold-ska music?!

2. Gwen Stefani. She looks about 70, like one of those old women you see in Kensington still bleaching their hair/sporting the red lips that makes the mouth look like a dog's fanny. And we all know you've got flat abs, Gwen, so do feel free to put them away, bab.

3. All the men in the band look like uncles from down the pub who've just got a job in a local band, so they've decided to jazz themselves up a bit with a faux-hawk/bleached barnet.

4. They are shit.

The end.

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 10-Oct-12 13:29:56

COD-SKA. Cod.

FFS.

gazzalw Wed 10-Oct-12 13:31:31

The same could be said for a lot of bands....

Personally always quite liked No Doubt

You seem rather OTT about it all though Bupcakes.... surely there's more important things to rant about???

peeriebear Wed 10-Oct-12 13:33:47

I love Tragic Kingdom.

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Oct-12 13:35:42

Well yeah, but she ain't no hollaback girl at least. That's one accusation you can't level at her. And whilst she continues to not be one, she can continue to go about her business.

KatieScarlett2833 Wed 10-Oct-12 13:36:13

I always feel a bit blee about Gwen's fabulous marriage.

Didn't her husband date Marylin? Boy George's mate?

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 10-Oct-12 13:37:06

That is true, Picnic. She may have hair that resembles loft insulation but sh ain't no hollaback girl.

Soz gazza. I will only start threads about SERIOS BUSNISS in future on Mumsnet.

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 10-Oct-12 13:38:00

Gavin Rossdale (Mr Stefani) is a man I'd not mind being stuck in a lift with.

Perhaps that's where my Stefani Hatred stems from?

massistar Wed 10-Oct-12 13:38:05

I heard an interview with Gwen Stefani on Radio 2 last week and I had a lot of respect for her at the end of it.

She came across as a lovely, sensible woman who is trying to bring up her 2 boys in a relatively normal way while managing a career under the media spotlight.

I agree that there are a lot worse bands out there.

aquashiv Wed 10-Oct-12 13:38:06

There are worst bands to rant about. Girls aloud are reforming talking about the 10 year anniversary. Has it been TEN years really..?<yawn>.

piratecat Wed 10-Oct-12 13:39:41

the singing was upsetting.

StuntGirl Wed 10-Oct-12 13:42:22

For years I thought I liked No Doubt. Then one day I realised what I actually like is Tragic Kingdom. After a whole album of songs about her biological fucking clock I gave up.

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 10-Oct-12 13:42:30

I can hate Girls Aloud and No Doubt and other shit bands all at the same time. <talented>

Aboutlastnight Wed 10-Oct-12 13:42:38

I can't stand them.

Stefani is responsible for some of the most irritating records ever produced.

They are horrific overproduced euro crap from the same circle of hell as those people who did that 'Two Princes' song and fucking Toploader( why name a band after a washing machine?)

SoleSource Wed 10-Oct-12 13:42:46

Yanbu about No Doubt.

Yabu to let a fellow Brum girl down by typing bab. Ewww and yow are yucky yow know.

Proudnscary Wed 10-Oct-12 13:43:52

Gwen Stefani is now a dead ringer for male 80s popster Marilyn who her husband once shagged.

I can't be arsed to post a pic link.

BupcakesAndHaunting Wed 10-Oct-12 13:49:39

The hair of Gwen was almost as upsetting as the singing. She had like 3 hairstyles going on on her napper. A sumo wrestler style bun, some flappy bits round the front and flappy bits round the back.

KatieScarlett2833 Wed 10-Oct-12 13:50:12

Aha!

Cheers proud , now I sort of understand wink

Absy Wed 10-Oct-12 13:53:16

I thought I'd fallen into the 90s here for a second.

Meh, I don't have beef with No Doubt, or Gwen Stefani. Don't Speak was a particular favourite when I was an angsty 15 year old.

My only beef with Stefani is naming her youngest child (possibly) after a corrupt, idiotic rapist, but then I'm not entirely sure that was intentional. If it was, COME ON WOMAN.

squoosh Wed 10-Oct-12 13:53:36

No Doubt are indeed shite. Have they really been around for 20 years? I could name about three of their songs if I really put my mind to it. Their music is a bit of this, a bit of this and seems to add up to a whole lot of blandness.

I do think Gwen always looks fab though.

roughtyping Wed 10-Oct-12 13:53:55

shock YABVVVU!

akaemmafrost Wed 10-Oct-12 13:55:34

Gavin Rossdale is a prick who ignores his daughter Daisy Lowe. Makes me want to throw up when I see him and Gwennie playing happy families.

squoosh Wed 10-Oct-12 13:57:22

Aboutlastnight you just referred to two of my most hated songs of ALL time. 'Two Princes' and 'Dancing in the Cunting Moonlight'.

Every time I hear either of those songs a piece of the good in me is replaced with an even bigger piece of venom.

StuntGirl Wed 10-Oct-12 13:59:29

Squoosh grin

redlac Wed 10-Oct-12 14:00:47

thanks a bunch Squoosh! Now I have both those shitey arsed songs in my head!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now