Talk

Advanced search

To say my mouth is bored

(13 Posts)
mrsminerva Wed 10-Oct-12 13:23:44

I am trying the 5:2 regime and today is day 2 of 500kcals. My mouth is bored I think, I'm not hungry but I want to eat something tasty. Talk me down someone please before I go and eat an apple, only got to get through till tomorrow morning.

Fakebook Wed 10-Oct-12 13:25:53

Apple juice?

mrsminerva Wed 10-Oct-12 13:27:28

Must have 0 calories as I only have 250 left for dinner sad

hoops997 Wed 10-Oct-12 13:29:14

I'm fasting today too, have a cup of tea with a slice of lemon in, it sees me through a difficult time smile

whois Wed 10-Oct-12 13:38:36

Green tea
Fruit tea
Normal tea no milk &slice of lemon
Black coffee

I've cube to suck on if you're at home?

mrsminerva Wed 10-Oct-12 14:04:47

Thanks guys, will try the ice as its a change of sensation, hopefully won't remind me too much of a nice G&T.

HKat Wed 10-Oct-12 14:12:24

I'm trying this diet - is anyone finding it's working? I was supposed to be fasting today but gave up after a sleepless night with a little one suffering from bronchialitis. Food wise - I agree with the fruit tea, ginger and lemon is tasty. Or black earl grey? Celery with American mustard sounds strange but is awesome smile

mrsminerva Wed 10-Oct-12 14:16:59

This is my 1st week trying it. I'm working (shirking) from home so finding it hard to distract from mouth hunger. Those teas sound good. will get some in for next weeks effort. So far today 1 boiled egg and 1 atkins day break bar and only 8 ish hours till bed sad Sorry about your little one HKat.

HKat Wed 10-Oct-12 14:26:52

Thanks Mrsminerva - she's only 21 weeks so is still really little - but she's brighter today thankfully smile I've been doing this for about a month and whilst I can't say I've lost weight, to be fair I haven't put on any and haven't exactly been restrained on my days off! Poached eggs are really filling too if you're at home - and if you like fish, smoked haddock fillets are pretty low calorie, teamed with lots of veg...One tip - try not to fast on days when the Great British Bake Off is on! smile

hoops997 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:29:47

Hello,

I've been doing this way of eating for nearly 4 weeks and have lost 9lbs, it's tough to begin with but gets easier the longer you do it.

Just think about the lovely food you're going to have tomorrow smile

mrsminerva Wed 10-Oct-12 14:34:39

HKat mine are 21 years old, but I remember the early days, so lovely but pretty tiring. Pain trying to get back to pre-baby shape too. Not a cakey person fortunately, savouries are more my weakness.

hoops I hope I can emulate you, I need to shed a stone, will focus on bacon tomorrow smile

hoops997 Wed 10-Oct-12 14:36:10

Come and join us, on the 5:2 thread in big slim whatever.

The ladies on there are fab and we're all in the same boat, we're on thread number 5 now smile

HKat Wed 10-Oct-12 14:45:31

Mrsminerva I'm with you on the savoury! It is hard - I only went back to work last week and I was hoping the routine would help with the diet - but now DD is poorly a.m off again already! Hoops that's really encouraging - and thanks for the invite, see you there soon! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now