Talk

Advanced search

to be petrified to think that I might be being over paid by WTC CTC? And not want to phone and ask them?

(10 Posts)
ithinkimightbegoingmad Wed 10-Oct-12 09:37:36

just been browsing the thread about Universal Credit quickly...and stumbled upon the fact that WTC was removed in April for parents who work under 30 hours a week. I am a lone parent and I only work 16 hours a week...I pretty certain my payment is made up of CTC AND WTC confused

ithinkimightbegoingmad Wed 10-Oct-12 09:37:52

and [scared]

Whitecherry Wed 10-Oct-12 09:40:21

It was there in my calculation at the jobcentre yesterday! You sure about this?

ithinkimightbegoingmad Wed 10-Oct-12 09:44:22

am i sure about what?

that WTC was removed in April, if you dont work more than 30 hours?

NO, Im not sure...I hope Im wrong!! but thats what I just read in a link from the UC thread.....

(at least i think i did...ill go and re-read it.....)

So WTC was in your calc at JC yesterday? and you work less than 30 hours/week? (pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes)

MrsKeithRichards Wed 10-Oct-12 09:47:32

WTC is given when you work less than 30

The new rule was a couple has to work at least 25 between them with one doing at least 16.

A single parent still has to do at least 16.

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Wed 10-Oct-12 09:48:08

I think the change to WTC was just for couples .... might be wrong though as I don't receive it, but my sis does and she only works 16 hours a week

OptimisticPessimist Wed 10-Oct-12 09:48:20

Don't panic - it was only changed for couples who now have to work at least 24 hours. It's still 16 hours for lone parents.

Whitecherry Wed 10-Oct-12 09:49:22

It was my 'better off' calculation based on me working 16 hours at nmw.... Not got a job yet, but needed to know what help there still is out there

She printed it off! Wtc was on there with Ctc listed separately

Chopstheduck Wed 10-Oct-12 09:49:35

Go on entitledto and do a calculation and work out what you are entitled to.

ithinkimightbegoingmad Wed 10-Oct-12 09:52:21

phewf!! thanks you whitecherry mrsR lainey optimist and duck

was starting to hyperventilate just a little bit

I love Mumsnet! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now