Talk

Advanced search

to have had enough

(5 Posts)
catgirl1976 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:54:57

Am off work ill. Not really that ill anymore but I work ft and have a baby who is at nursery today so the thought of a day to myself was too much too resist.

The boiler broke and I had to sort that out and deal with engineers. Then, instead of getting some sleep / cleaning my bedroom / dying my hair or just chilling out as planned, I spent 1.5 hours counselling my sister, 1 hour on the phone to her best mate on the same issue, 1 hour helping my best mate with her cv, half an hour counselling a depressed work colleague, 1 hour talking to my DM about my sister and just as I sit down to a glass of wine and Prometheus on Sky my Dad rings to complain about how hard his new job is.

Bugger off.

That is all.

I want some me time sad

I need to draw boundaries or something but I think I have forgotten what they look like.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I bloody couldn't cope.

Vent over.

I think.

catgirl1976 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:55:31

And am not posting and running but am going to try and drink my wine and watch my film. Am in a grump

Bubblemoon Wed 10-Oct-12 10:37:51

How about you turn your phone off?

FolkGhoul Wed 10-Oct-12 10:44:20

Ignore the phone.
Say no.

People are only relying on you because they can. Because you let them.

smile

catgirl1976 Wed 10-Oct-12 12:02:58

Thank you both smile

I did turn it off last night.

I am too much of a pushover and I need to change a bit, but once a role is ingrained it's hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now