Talk

Advanced search

To lie here looking at my sleeping 15 month old

(15 Posts)
Molehillmountain Tue 09-Oct-12 10:55:25

Instead of doing all manner of things that need doing? Feel as if I've barely stopped the last few weeks.

aderynlas Tue 09-Oct-12 11:05:04

There will always be things to do, enjoy your time looking at your child, they grow up so quickly, 15 months is such a nice age.

frootshoots Tue 09-Oct-12 11:11:53

Stay and enjoy. I did it the morning with my DD, although she is 3. Went into her room to wake her for nursery, but got into bed with her and just lay cupping her face with one hand and staring at her smile

Agree 15 months is a lovely age, so many firsts around this time.

HappyJustToBe Tue 09-Oct-12 11:17:38

YANBU.

wanderingalbatross Tue 09-Oct-12 11:19:58

Took me a while to get 16mo DD off for her nap this morning, and I was so so tempted to stay there with her and have a little nap myself! Only thing is I invited a friend over so have to cook the lunch sad So YANBU, enjoy it while you can!

IfImHonest Tue 09-Oct-12 11:20:44

YANBU at all. Last night I had the mother of all washing loads to do, I had work to prepare for today, I had to call my mother who is having a tough time, but instead I sat by my sleeping 5-year-old's bed and watched him sleeping for over an hour, wondering how he had grown up so quickly, thinking how gorgeous he is, and thinking about how wonderful unconditional love is grin

WitchesTitWhistles Tue 09-Oct-12 11:21:20

YANBU at all.

There isn't a better way to spend your time. If you need an excuse, Think of it as meditation. You're here in the now, there is nothing else. (Apart from mumsnet) wink

FireOverBabylon Tue 09-Oct-12 11:25:35

You will never get tired of doing that. I go in to DS (3.2) before I go to bed and could watch him sleep for hours. It's so soothing, and you just watch this little person who you created and who is becoming more and more autonomous, and realise how wonderful they are.

rumncoke Tue 09-Oct-12 12:07:16

my 17 month oldjust fell asleep on me and i just gazed at him for ages.. lovely post. nothing is more relaxing.

MikeOxard Tue 09-Oct-12 12:07:45

Yanbu.

AWomanCalledHorse Tue 09-Oct-12 12:08:47

Awww, this thread has made me cry! <mad hormonal woman alert>

Currently watching 9month old sleep (and hoping he stays asleep for another half hour or so).

Molehillmountain Tue 09-Oct-12 12:15:34

Thanks! Watched a while, dozed a while then made eye contact and she's awake now! Worth it though! smile

Molehillmountain Tue 09-Oct-12 12:16:18

Now remind me it's okay to do other things apart from watching dc sleepwink feeling wistful now!

LadyMacbethWasMisunderstood Tue 09-Oct-12 12:19:25

Well if YABU then so am I. DS is also 15 months. DD1 and DD2 are at school and this is my one day not at work this week. House is such a mess that I do not know where to start. So I shan't. I am gazing at him sleeping and may even have a little doze myself.

fuzzpig Tue 09-Oct-12 12:24:02

YANBU. I have quite a few photos of my DCs asleep blush their favourite ones are the photos of them snuggled up dozing together. DD used to climb into DS' cotbed smile

Having my DCs fall asleep on me is one of my absolute favourite things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now