Talk

Advanced search

Ebay again!

(7 Posts)
gallifrey Tue 09-Oct-12 09:18:23

I bought a dress and a top from the same buyer, the top was 99p and the dress £4.50, the postage for each item is £3.50 so when I won them I sent the seller a message about combined postage. I have no objection to paying £3.50 postage costs at all, but I do object to paying £7 for him to post both items separately.
Yesterday I received a message asking me to pay for the items, again with £7 added on for postage. I sent another message back asking for combined postage and still haven't heard anything.

WIBU to not pay for these until the seller combines the postage?

sixlostmonkeys Tue 09-Oct-12 09:22:44

You should have asked about combined postage prior to bidding.

The seller isn't obliged to combine although if she has any sense she will do for the sake of goodwill and her star ratings.

fuzzypicklehead Tue 09-Oct-12 09:23:15

Did the seller mention combined postage in the listing? Or did you contact them to see if combined postage was available before bidding? If so, then YANBU and seller needs to abide by the details in their listing.

If not, then YABU. Sellers don't have to offer combined postage, but many will as a courtesy.

Flisspaps Tue 09-Oct-12 09:24:25

If the seller didn't specify combined postage, they don't have to offer it now. It is stingy of them really, but the onus was on you to check prior to bidding if you weren't happy to pay £7.

fuzzypicklehead Tue 09-Oct-12 09:24:43

(Many sellers package their items at the time of listing to speed dispatch, and combining the parcels would involve additional effort on their part)

fergoose Tue 09-Oct-12 09:28:44

if they refuse to combine postage then they have to send them in separate parcels

For what it is worth I think your seller is greedy and avoiding fees - I bet any money they will post both items in one parcel for under £3

If you do pay and they do the above you can of course leave 2 negs and low stars, but leave the negs 8 days apart as they will count as 2 - if you leave 2 negs in the same week they only count as 1

But I would refuse to pay £7 postage if it were me

gallifrey Tue 09-Oct-12 16:57:18

All is forgiven, just received a message from the seller saying they will combine the postage, feel like a bit of a tit now....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now