Talk

Advanced search

To not know where to start?

(16 Posts)
libbyssister Mon 08-Oct-12 21:12:15

Got home from a disastrous day out about 2 hours ago. DS2 was unexpectedly sick in the car on the way there. We pulled over, changed his clothes, and cleaned up as best we could. Then on the way home DS1 was sick and then DS2 was sick again.

We got home, stripped them off and bathed them and DS3. And put them to bed and comforted DS1 when he was sick again. Then DH was sick and has gone to bed too.

I am sat here with a cuppa thinking about the car full of vom that I have to clean up. And I don't know where to start?!

Rubber gloves and bin bags for the clothing and shoes and blankets but what about the car seats and floor and upholstery? What will be effective? It's gonna linger for weeks isn't it?

gordyslovesheep Mon 08-Oct-12 21:13:52

FABREEZE the fucker ...put down the tea and grab the wine

WelshMaenad Mon 08-Oct-12 21:14:34

Solution of bio laundry detergent.

You poor soul.

brew

NatashaBee Mon 08-Oct-12 21:14:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummy1986 Mon 08-Oct-12 21:15:00

Bucket of hot water and fairy liquid then a bottle of frebeze.

If my dd's are going to be sick, its always in the car!

Fairy liquid and frebreze always works for me, maybe if its really bad, Vanish Carpet and upolstry cleaner!
Good luck smile

WelshMaenad Mon 08-Oct-12 21:16:29

Can you strip the covers off the car seats and machine wash them?

Thick layer if bicarb after you've washed the upholstery and leave on overnight, Hoover off in the morning, will get the smell out a bit!

libbyssister Mon 08-Oct-12 21:17:07

grin yes! Should definitely not face this sober...

libbyssister Mon 08-Oct-12 21:20:31

Lots of fab advice! I'm garnering strength...

Oh god, it's dark and rainy too. So I'm gonna get a wet arse as I'm half in, half out, gagging and cleaning.

I just hope this doesn't move on to their beds...

AgentZigzag Mon 08-Oct-12 21:45:22

Was it something they'd eaten?

Think of something else while you're cleaning, lessen the psychological impact of the experience grin

libbyssister Mon 08-Oct-12 21:47:57

No, I think we've got a bug. Off to paint black cross on front door...

Time to glove up and get in there sad

ripsishere Mon 08-Oct-12 21:52:46

Could you afford to get it valeted?

libbyssister Mon 08-Oct-12 22:09:52

I guess we could get it valeted. But surely I can't present them will a chunk-covered floor, or can I?! Figure if I'm going to do that much then I might be able to do the rest. Just hope they didn't barf in the heating vent. Bleurgh.

Car seats covers are off and in machine. I have definitely not removed one of them before so it's about time blush

Off out with the bio laundry liquid scrub down in a minute...

purpleloosestrife Mon 08-Oct-12 22:13:12

bicarb of soda dissolved in water gets rid of most pee/puke smells.

CoolaSchmoola Mon 08-Oct-12 22:14:30

If you have a Vax or something of that ilk stick some biological wash detergent in it instead of solution and Bob's your mother's brother!

Whatever method you go with you really need to use biological washing powder/liquid - it has enzymes in it that will break down the components that cause the smell.

libbyssister Mon 08-Oct-12 22:21:03

No Vax but I have checked bottle for enzymes and we're good to go! Then I might bicarb it for good measure...

PomBearWithAnOFRS Mon 08-Oct-12 22:23:37

Vics vapour rub or really stinky strong cheap perfume or aftershave all along your top lip before you start. It will stop the smell of the sick and make it much easier to deal with. I used to work as a cleaner and carer and used to carry Vicks with me all the time, it works wonders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now