Talk

Advanced search

Pissed of the PE teachers

(41 Posts)
Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 19:56:10

Right ds came home today and said the PE told them all off when i asked him what happened he said they were doing PE outside

It was raining they told them to play hockey and choose 5 refs there were two games going on at the same time and said they would be back in 15 minutes

When i asked ds were they went he said for coco because it was cold and rainy

You can guess by the time they came back chaos reigned everyone was chasing easvh other with hockey stick people were sword fighting

I dont want to march up to the school and complain but what do you expect leaving year 8 boys alone with hockey sticks AIBU while you get a hot beverge ffs

Sparklingbrook Mon 08-Oct-12 19:57:31

YANBU. That is just crap isn't it?

Sparklingbrook Mon 08-Oct-12 19:58:03

Year 8 boys alone with hockey sticks. <shudder>

ScaryBOOAlot Mon 08-Oct-12 19:59:22

Sorry that made me snigger. Ah the memories of secondary school...

Isn't it a rule that all PE teachers are wankers unless you are exceptional at sport?

LynetteScavo Mon 08-Oct-12 19:59:47

I would be tempted to send in a packet of digestive biscuits to the PE department, with a little note saying "For you to enjoy with your cocoa".

FrustratedSycamorePants Mon 08-Oct-12 20:01:26

I'd expect year 8 boys to be able to behave. They were told to do something simple, trusted to do it, they chose to sword fight. The telling off is the consequence of their actions.

Also think it doesn't take 15 minutes to get coco. and perhaps on one needed to go for coco

Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:02:00

Lol

Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:03:56

FrustratedSycamorePants i did tell him they should of behaved but i also think they are boys who have wodden sticks to hand unsupervised

And whats all this swanning off of eats and treats

TittyWhistles Mon 08-Oct-12 20:04:27

My old PE teacher (Mrs Hairylegs ) used to stand inside at the window with a cuppa while us girls threw things at each other out on the netball court.

It doesn't surprise me. PE teachers are generally regarded by the kids as a bit shit and not real teachers at all.

ScaryBOOAlot Mon 08-Oct-12 20:04:57

LOL at year 8 boys behaving.

Frankly I know blokes in their 30s that if left with hockey sticks unsupervised would sword fight...

Backtobedlam Mon 08-Oct-12 20:05:06

If this is true I'd be livid. However, maybe confirm events with other parents before storming into school...sometimes my ds seems to give a very different version of events to his peers!

Sparklingbrook Mon 08-Oct-12 20:06:22

You can't hand Year 8 boys a big wooden sticks and leave them on their own with them and not expect one of them to do something stupid. I own a Year 9 boy and they would be no better.

Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:07:38

Backtobedlam i am not going up the school just a bit miffed thy shouted at the kids really

LeeCoakley Mon 08-Oct-12 20:10:45

I can guarantee that this is not the wholly correct version of events! wink

capedcrusader25 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:11:32

Not all PE teachers are shit, my DP is a truly fabulous teacher and I'm very proud of him. He's also rather appalled at the laziness and general crapness of these teachers...if what is being said is true. They give hard-working, good teachers like himself a bad name.

Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:13:50

he was very open about them all just messing around and having a jolly To be fair

Felicitywascold Mon 08-Oct-12 20:14:08

...and even if it is. This is the stuff of pub stories and school reunions in the years to come.

What harm has actually come of it all? I'm genuinely confused at the 'upset that the kids were told off' thing. They aren't made of glass...

Sparklingbrook Mon 08-Oct-12 20:14:59

I think it is accepted that most PE teachers aren't like this caped. Ds1 has had some fab PE teachers. They are doing trampolining this year. Poor PE teacher. sad

Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:35

Please you miss understand i am not OUTRAGED in any way i just a little miffed that they told them off

O think it was more get back to the game situation and may save the hot drinks till brake

seeker Mon 08-Oct-12 20:18:50

Because it's the teacher's fault that the horrible brats didn't do what they were told.........

Fishwife1949 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:19:02

And i dont think his teachers are crap on the whole i very pleased just think they were a bit off today

Sparklingbrook Mon 08-Oct-12 20:19:50

'horrible brats' seeker? I don't think anyone called them that did they?

Quadrangle Mon 08-Oct-12 20:20:40

I think you are right not to march up the school and complain because the class was told off for misbehaving. We were regularly left unsupervised for similar periods at my school, sometimes longer and we would have expected to be told off if we had descended into chaos.

Felicitywascold Mon 08-Oct-12 20:22:01

But why are you miffed?

seeker Mon 08-Oct-12 20:23:42

I did. I think blaming teachers for children's bad behaviour isnwrong [Po faced emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now