Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to say something?

(11 Posts)
Callmecordelia Mon 08-Oct-12 18:32:33

Am on a train, two stops till I get off. Just for once have got a seat, but peaceful journey has been ruined by a selfish twunt playing music really, really loudly. He might as well not have headphones on. WIBU to say something? Ten minutes till I get to my stop....

Gumby Mon 08-Oct-12 18:35:07

I wouldn't bother for ten minutes

LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 08-Oct-12 18:36:29

Say it, say it! grin

'You're leaking' is fine.

After all you're getting off soon, why not?!

Callmecordelia Mon 08-Oct-12 18:38:14

I know. I've put up with it for forty. I can keep quiet for ten more. Funny, as people keep on turning around to glare at him, and he's completely oblivious. Just sodding inconsiderate behaviour on a commuter train. Doesn't he know that restrained silence is what everyone does!

LastMangoInParis Mon 08-Oct-12 18:38:45

Say it! - PLEASE say it...
On behalf of the rest of us, say it.
<wrings hands>
<evil happens when good people do nothing, etc... starts jibbering...>
Can not cope with loud tinny music on public transport.
say it say it say it!

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Mon 08-Oct-12 18:40:05

Lean in and sing along.

grin

Callmecordelia Mon 08-Oct-12 18:42:12

I could have done at Hotel California a few minutes ago.... Hang on a month, he's packing up! He's getting off at my stop!

LastMangoInParis Mon 08-Oct-12 18:42:58

Great idea, MrsRajeshKoothrappali.
Will stop being so uptight in future and throw some shapes instead!
thanks

bringmeroses Mon 08-Oct-12 18:45:24

I've tapped my feet in time before when this has happened, then the person got self conscious and changed the music - not the volume!

Bring your own headphones next time, noise cancelling if poss. I'm wary of deliberately antisocial people...

Callmecordelia Mon 08-Oct-12 18:49:37

Stupid phone, month = mo. He ran away. Went down the train to get off nearer platform exit, and I never found him again.

fuzzysnout Mon 08-Oct-12 19:01:30

Perhaps he was on mumsnet grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now