Talk

Advanced search

To not pay this?

(9 Posts)
ellathefox Mon 08-Oct-12 15:52:11

I know I am probably bu but I'm clinging onto the hope that someone will say yanbu but you are an idiot I accidentally bid £99 instead of 99p for a pair of shorts on eBay and obvioulsy won. I "won" then for £26 and I do not want to pay that. Help!!

BurlingtonBertieFromBow Mon 08-Oct-12 15:54:18

Argh. I know if it was a RL auction then you would be contractually obliged to buy them. Not sure whether Ebay has different rules...have you got some terms and conditions? tbf you are unlikely to be sued for 26 quid...

mollymole Mon 08-Oct-12 15:55:38

Why did you wait until the end of the auction, you should have contacted the seller and asked for her to retract your bid as you had made a mistake.IMO
you should pay.

lynniep Mon 08-Oct-12 15:56:49

well you need to email the seller and ask politely if they will cancel the transaction. they will probably be able to offer it to the previous bidder. you may get bad feedback for this - its up to them.

ellathefox Mon 08-Oct-12 15:57:26

Sorry forgot to add that I didn't realise until I had won the auction

Imnotaslimjim Mon 08-Oct-12 15:57:36

you can ask for a mutual retraction - if it bid up to £26 then they will have another bidder they can offer a 2nd chance offer to. Just message them and explain, it does happen quite a lot

TequilaMockinBird Mon 08-Oct-12 15:58:45

IIRC, sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers now, so you may get an unpaid item strike instead.

I'd email the seller and explain, they can always second chance offer it to the bidder below you.

Shutupanddrive Mon 08-Oct-12 16:27:04

Email the seller and explain. I did this once but realised before the bid finished

ellathefox Mon 08-Oct-12 17:24:39

Thank you for the replies. I've emailed the seller to apologise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now