Talk

Advanced search

to be really involved in internet fiction?

(5 Posts)
freddy05 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:42:14

Ok this might be hard to explain but I have recently become involved with a group of people who run a fictitious blog based on some TV characters, lots of disasters take place and everyone worries about it all and comments on the blog as if it's real BUT we all know it's made up so you sympathies with disaster and worry about the kids and school troubles and have a chat about the events of the day and news stories and stuff while all the time not actually having to worry that the 'disasters' are real.

It is a bit like writing a story but having lots of different people inputting to the storyline.

my DH thinks it's really really odd and I'm losing my mind, he is not happy about it at all but I really don't see the difference between that and his survivalist fora except I know that the people I'm talking to are having a laugh rather than there being any real problems.

So is it unreasonable to engage in internet fiction if it doesn't stop me doing anything I should, would or could with the family

fryingpantoface Mon 08-Oct-12 15:38:50

Yanbu. Sometimes we all need to escape. The blog doesn't sound like it's harming anyone

CaptainHetty Mon 08-Oct-12 15:42:40

Don't see how it's much different from people playing role-playing games and the like, really.

YANBU, if you enjoy it you should be able to carry on without being questioned.

YouWithTheFace Mon 08-Oct-12 16:03:09

It's just role-playing crossed with communal story-writing. Some people may well think you're odd, but you're really no odder than anyone ringing their friend up to chat about the latest Archers storyline, or someone playing World of Warcraft.

freddy05 Mon 08-Oct-12 16:34:47

thanks smile I couldn't work out if there was a problem I was missing or if it was just lack of understanding about it.

I don't play computer games or watch many soaps and stuff which is what a lot of people seem to talk about. This group of people are all over the world but brought together by a daft writing game really.

Just got to explain it a bit better to DH now I guess and hope he understands a bit better or at least will just leave me to it if its not interfering with family life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now