Talk

Advanced search

To not feel I should take care of these children.

(22 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Mon 08-Oct-12 14:40:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whistlingwaves Mon 08-Oct-12 14:43:13

dexter73 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:43:35

Did you not tell the coach that they weren't your responsibility? That is a bit bad to just leave the kids in a room and then bugger off!

TheOneWithTheHair Mon 08-Oct-12 14:45:02

Next time just redirect them back to the sports room. It's not your responsibility.

pictish Mon 08-Oct-12 14:45:27

Yanbu - they are not your responsibility. I think you should speak to reception and tell them what you told us. Just to clear up any misunderstanding.

FireOverBabylon Mon 08-Oct-12 14:46:39

Could you wait until all the DC are deposited, in case she won't leave them if you're not there, then walk off, even if it's to the loo or the car? No way should she be presuming that you'd look out for them.

Woozley Mon 08-Oct-12 14:48:21

It would be more fun to wait until the situation arises again, wait until the coach comes in and tear a piece off him. Arrogant twat.

beanandspud Mon 08-Oct-12 14:48:30

Can you break the habit for a week - go for a walk round the block so that you are not in the waiting room acting as an unofficial babysitting service?

ENormaSnob Mon 08-Oct-12 14:48:58

Yanbu

Whistlingwaves Mon 08-Oct-12 14:51:58

dexter73 Mon 08-Oct-12 14:53:41

If they hurt themselves it is up to their parents to explain why they left them unattended. It isn't anything to do with you.

AMumInScotland Mon 08-Oct-12 14:56:43

YANBU - but I think you have to make the point by not doing it, as there are plenty of people who will decide to assume you'll do things if you don't say otherwise.

So check with a coach or the reception what the arrangements are for the waiting room - which is probably "no unaccompanied children" and then point that out to anyone who tries to abandon their children there with you.

And tell the coach it has nothing to do with you - he'll then presumably have to actually do something himself to deal with the situation.

Whistlingwaves Mon 08-Oct-12 14:58:35

AnAirOfHalloween Mon 08-Oct-12 15:00:04

I would give them a phone call and complaine. Its not your responsability, you are not crb checked and have no right to be put in that position.

Ask to talk to the person in charge as its so not on using you as a unpaid employee not even a willing volunteer. Checky soandso.

YouMayLogOut Mon 08-Oct-12 16:12:33

YANBU

MyLastDuchess Mon 08-Oct-12 16:15:10

I would also complain.

I bet if you were a man nobody would be expecting you to look after a bunch of random kids ... in fact they'd be going out of their way to keep them away from you!

AMumInScotland Mon 08-Oct-12 16:19:07

What are the rules about where these children ought to be between classes? Are they meant to stay in the sports room? If so, when they come into the parents room I think you have to tell them that they are not allowed there, and if necessary go get someone "in charge" to repeat that and send them back to where they are meant to be.

It sounds like the children think its more fun there than where they are meant to be, and the parents aren't even aware of it.

samandi Tue 09-Oct-12 10:01:54

Of course YANBU. It's nothing to do with you.

maddening Tue 09-Oct-12 10:08:08

who is meant to be watching them in the sports hall? they are letting them leave the hall unattended essentially

Whistlingwaves Tue 09-Oct-12 10:12:44

AMumInScotland Tue 09-Oct-12 10:30:20

Well, if they come to the parents room then you just send them back. After a couple of times I'd imagine even the cheekiest will get the message, and if not then you take them back and tell the sports teacher they are doing it.

In an ideal world they wouldn't do it, but some children will always try it on if nobody stops them. Don't let it interfere with what works best for you in terms of waiting between lessons.

helenthemadex Tue 09-Oct-12 10:34:15

I would have said they are not my children and Im actually just going because there is to much noise here and walked out leaving them to deal with it

I would cetainly say something its not on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now