Talk

Advanced search

To ask all the teachers out there...

(5 Posts)
GilbGeekette Mon 08-Oct-12 14:09:34

What is the best way to say a heartfelt thank you?

My DD's father (my ExH) is extremely ill. He's having major (and risky) surgery Thursday. Been in/out of hospital since the start of term. DD is in Yr10 and her HoY, DHoY and individual teachers have been so supportive her. I've just had a chat with her HoY to say she won't be in Thurs/Fri this week and she was so lovely it made me teary blush The unsolicited support they have offered me has been extraordinary, and, I suspect, well outside their remit!

I'm not massively cash-rich, so can't buy them all flowers or chocs, but could stretch to a big bunch/box for all of them, but I didn't know if actual stuff or letters to the Governors (or someone?) would be more appreciated. Any info appreciated (and sorry for this being more of a WWYD than an AIBU!)

Inertia Mon 08-Oct-12 14:12:52

A letter to the Head and Governors explaining how DD's teachers have helped you out would be a wonderful thing to do, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. It means a great deal as a teacher when somebody notices , and appreciates, the extra mile that you try to go to help your students.

I'm sorry that you are going through such a stressful time, and wish your DD's father a speedy recovery.

Themumsnot Mon 08-Oct-12 14:13:29

A thank you note and a letter to the head teacher saying how fabulous they've been would be the nicest thing you could do imo. Just knowing you are not being taken for granted is such a massive boost, far more than any flowers or chocs.
Hope all goes well on Thursday. You sound like an amazing support to your DD.

Gentleness Mon 08-Oct-12 14:17:09

The letter will mean more than chocolates. Chocolates are nice, but that letter will not just have personal significance (and it will have lots of that), it will show their managers how dedicated, professional and kind they are. So a career boost of sorts too! How lovely of you to want to take time to do this, despite how hard things have been for you!

noblegiraffe Mon 08-Oct-12 15:54:23

An email to the head with the teacher copied in detailing exactly where they have gone above and beyond would be easy and brilliant. They can also then print a copy for their performance management records. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now