Talk

Advanced search

To not bring dd to the docs?

(5 Posts)
missmalteser Mon 08-Oct-12 14:06:34

Called today to pick up dd (9) from because she had a spot on her head and one behind her ear and her teacher thought she had chicken pox, so I went to pick her up feeling very surprised as she was absolutely fine this morning and the spot on her head had been there all weekend without anymore appearing, dd does indeed have what looks to me to be a hive or heat spot behind we ear but it doesn't look similar at all to the one on her head, and I honestly don't think it is anything at all to worry about
I am now worried as the secretary made very clear if she is infectious she shouldn't be at school, but I feel very wary of taking an emergency app at my surgery due to 2 spots on an otherwise healthy child.
Sooo... Do I send her in tomorrow with a clean bill of health? Or do I risk becoming worst parent of the year by sending and Sod's law she is coming down with something?
Dd has previously had cp although I know she could contract it again.

moogalicious Mon 08-Oct-12 14:11:04

If it's chickenpox you'll know by the morning because they'll be more spots!

I didn't take mine to the docs when they had it. I called them and they recommended piriton.

Floggingmolly Mon 08-Oct-12 14:13:49

The school are concerned she has chicken pox; and the only way you can send her in with a "clean bill of health" is if a doctor confirms she isn't infectious.
Why would you mess about with this, just because you suspect they're wrong?
What if they're not?
Take her to see a doctor.

Woozley Mon 08-Oct-12 14:15:22

When DH took DD2 to the docs with suspected chickenpox they had to stand outside to await the appointment so as not to infect the other patients. Fair enough really, but just so as you know.

missmalteser Mon 08-Oct-12 14:15:43

I am 99.9% sure it is not pox, the one on her forehead has been there all weekend and looks like a normal little random spot, and the one behind her ear looks a little like a hive, and she has been itching it, none elsewhere and she is sitting here looking completely fine to me, I don't really understand the teachers diagnosis tbh, tho I have no doubt dd probably hammed it up for effect hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now