Talk

Advanced search

to wear flip flops in October?

(13 Posts)
honeytea Mon 08-Oct-12 13:31:16

Do you think people look at me like I am bonkers?

I'm 7 months pregnant and my baby is like a constant hot water bottle, I can't stand the feeling of anything on my feet, socks or shoes make me feel strangely claustrophobic.

I work in schools and people's homes so I take my shoes off when I arrive but people might see my shoes when I first arrive.

To make things worse I live in a Scandinavian country so autumn is much further along here than in tge UK, there could be snow by the end of tge month.

Should I ignore comfort and wear more seasonally appropriate shoes?

Fakebook Mon 08-Oct-12 13:32:46

As long as you don't end up with frostbite or chilblains.

Pascha Mon 08-Oct-12 13:32:51

Depends how wet you like your toes really. I sympathise with the having your own internal heating system thing though. I am constantly chucking covers off and wandering round in strappy vests while others have hoodies and thick socks on.

Bluefrogs Mon 08-Oct-12 13:34:57

Erm,wear what you feel comfortable in!
When I was pregnant I went through winter never wearing a coat as I was so hot-didn't really care if the shivering people around me thought I was mad!

Longdistance Mon 08-Oct-12 13:38:26

I wore flip flops itch dd1's pg. She was born in September.

I still wear flip flops in October, and will be wearing them til about May next year, but I do live in Oz now grin

orangefan Mon 08-Oct-12 13:38:49

I'm in flip flops, I hate wearing closed shoes. Feet are cold but I'm still resisting. Will probably admit defeat towards the end of the month.

Longdistance Mon 08-Oct-12 13:38:50

Itch??? With.

monsterchild Mon 08-Oct-12 13:40:53

Naw, keep em on! If you're happy with them, why should you worry? People who are concerned will ask if you're ok, you'll trill "oh yes!" and they'll go there merry way.

honeytea Mon 08-Oct-12 13:50:28

I'm glad I'm not the only one in flip flops, I will have to find a workable solution when the snow comes, I'm considering staying at home every day.

oscarwilde Mon 08-Oct-12 14:24:59

I have left the house a number of times now wearing these (not the pink version) grin They'll admitedly boil you alive but my god, they are comfy !
www.uggaustralia.co.uk/womens-ansley-travel-moccasins-uk/3312,en_GB,pd.html

oscarwilde Mon 08-Oct-12 14:28:13

Or you could just buy a pair of these :-)
www.shoesoftheday.com/2008/03/10/fresh-furry-shoes-for-your-feet/

Psammead Mon 08-Oct-12 14:28:57

I'm wearing flip flops too. Outside though I wear loose slip-ons.

honeytea Mon 08-Oct-12 16:28:26

I love the furry flip flops!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now