Talk

Advanced search

To of told this man he was a twat?

(15 Posts)
FoxOnTheRocks Mon 08-Oct-12 09:20:53

This will be my first AIBU so please be kind smile

On the way back from taking my Dd to school I was nearly ran over by a bike twat speeding along a footpath. As there is a road next this I shouted get on the road as he had nearly hurt me. The man turned round then started hurling abuse at me calling me "mrs" and if I was lose some weight you you might be able to fit on a bike yourself fat fucking cow and started preaching the bylaws on bridleways and he said he wasnt allowed on the road as there was sutible place for him to ride hmm Im really am shook up about this I did in the end after he was calling me all this tell him to shove his bike up his arsehole. AIBU or was he in the right? Still shaking over this. Yes I'm fat and a size 22 and used to twats hurling abuse at me but to nearly knock me over then shout that at me sad

Narked Mon 08-Oct-12 09:25:45

He's an idiot. Cyclists can always use the road - even if there is a cycle path. If you're riding on a path used by pedestrians the onus is on the cyclist - as the faster moving one - to avoid collisions.

TM08 Mon 08-Oct-12 09:28:15

That's terrible! Of course he's not right! I don't know the laws around cyclists, but i do know there was no need for him to start mouthing off. Good on you for sticking up to him.

Narked Mon 08-Oct-12 09:28:20

And even if you'd been strolling down the middle of a cycle path, it wouldn't make it ok to shout personal abuse at you.

Don't let it get you down. And I hope he gets giant blisters on his bollocks.

FoxOnTheRocks Mon 08-Oct-12 09:28:54

Thanks Narked I thought I was right, so glad my DH wasnt there or he would of punched his cocky head off his shoulders had a word. Still shaking now just wish I didnt take things like this to heart.

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Mon 08-Oct-12 09:29:01

He was being a dick. It's called a footpath for a reason and he absolutely should have been either on the road ir riding much more slowly and carefully if he felt he had to use the footpath.

Let me guess, expensive bike, head to toe in lycra, desinger cycling brand shades, helmet that makes him look a bit like a sperm...

FoxOnTheRocks Mon 08-Oct-12 09:34:54

Sorry crossed post. Narked giant blisters on his bollocks grin Thanks TM08 wish I said more, hopefully wont bump into him again.
Why do some cyclist think they have the right of way? gggrrrrhhh must just let it go smile

FoxOnTheRocks Mon 08-Oct-12 09:40:04

Desperately -Yes that the exact description of him. Oh and shades on when its foggy today. Twat grin Looked like raided the nearest bike shop of latest stuff.

BigFatLegsInWoolyTIghts Mon 08-Oct-12 09:43:14

What a twunt.....PLEASE forget all about him. He will always be angry and nasty. You're not....that's his look out.

Narked Mon 08-Oct-12 09:46:11

I cycle. DH cycles. We get really annoyed with bad cyclists because we all get judged because of their poor behaviour. Even when DH had been told off by someone for 'giving them a shock by sneaking up on them' - on a cycle lane, when he had been calling, 'Hello!' to try to attract their attention for a good minute or so - he never called them names.

Paiviaso Mon 08-Oct-12 10:16:56

He's just an arsehole. There is no point in arguing with people like this.

FoxOnTheRocks Mon 08-Oct-12 10:17:09

Thanks everyone, will just let it go and not let it get to me. Just hope I never bump into him again thanks

MikeOxard Mon 08-Oct-12 12:13:45

Next time, push him into a bush, the rude sod. He'll start using the road then! grin

geegee888 Mon 08-Oct-12 12:54:43

To make you feel better, I get abuse shouted all the time at me when I'm cycling. I'm a size 8/10 and I once got a size 22 woman getting out of a car shouting abuse at me for "having a massive arse". The world is full of morons...I don't expect anything better now.

sosos Mon 08-Oct-12 13:11:20

oh my goodness what total ignorance by this man. honestly i would have fucking fly kicked the prick off the bike then picked the bike up and threw it right in his moosh. lol sorry hormonal day just needed a rant. you are in the right. i thought it was illegal to ride on pavements? :-\ sending hugs x what a horrible experience x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now