Talk

Advanced search

to think it's not too early for Chirstmas AIBUs?

(65 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 07-Oct-12 21:03:47

It's all about the spin.

<<shimmies Santa hat tassels>>

SoleSource Sun 07-Oct-12 21:14:43

Yab very fucking U

Fink ov me alone

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Oct-12 21:27:24

<considers moving to Christmas topic>

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 07-Oct-12 21:48:39

grin at ArEm.

I will think of you SoleSoucre.

<<does extra twirl with tassels to mollify>>

MadgeHarvey Sun 07-Oct-12 21:50:17

<<<hides thread in accordance with the 'Law of Madge' which forbids all discussion of Christmas until 6 weeks prior>>>

Trills Sun 07-Oct-12 21:51:23

Y may or may not BU when it comes to AIBUs that are about Christmas but are relevant for this time of year.

But YABVU to encourage people to post in AIBU when they should be posting under Christmas.

usualsuspect3 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:52:31

Yes it is too early. I don't want to see all the bloody moaning about Christmas on the main boards until after all the bloody moaning about halloween and the fireworks.

Trills Sun 07-Oct-12 21:52:34

AIBU about MIL (relates to Christmas but discussion/reasonableness is happening now) = OK

AIBU about Christmas morning (on a topic that does not need to be decided until December 24th) = not OK

AIBU to ask you... (Christmas or not) = not OK because you just want an answer to the question, the reasonableness is not the actual debate.

PurplePidjin Sun 07-Oct-12 21:53:09

G'wan then...

AIBU to expect the entire world family to dance attendance on me all Christmas while i sit on my arse feeding newborn PFB?

grin

MaryZed Sun 07-Oct-12 21:55:07

Right Chaos, you've done it now shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock

I am discusted and apauled and horifyed

usualsuspect3 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:55:12

I'm waiting for the first 'Trick or treating is begging thread' So I can mark it on my annual MN threads spread sheet.

SheelaNeGig Sun 07-Oct-12 21:55:42

Soul you can have M and/or MiL.

Thereby curing at least 3 AIBUs in one fell swoop.

WillYouDoTheFandango Sun 07-Oct-12 21:55:51

That's my plan pidj! There have to be some perks to spending Christmas sleep deprived with a stitched up fanjo!

MaryZed Sun 07-Oct-12 21:57:30

And as for AIBU to ask what I should get my in-laws for Christmas, or AIBU to wonder how to make Christmas cake, or AIBU to look forward to sodding Christmas ads.

I mean. What. The. Fuck.

It makes me want to use exclamation points all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so disappointed in you, you have let me down, you have let Justine down, you have let mumsnet down, but most of all you have let yourself down sad

IT'S ONLY FECKING OCTOBER.

PurplePidjin Sun 07-Oct-12 21:57:57

Hurrah! WANBU!

MaryZed Sun 07-Oct-12 21:59:23

Whispers: I may just feel a tad strongly about this

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 07-Oct-12 22:00:53

Oh, Trills, you grand doily.

I love how you invest yourself so properlike in AIBUs.

<<cops a feel of ProperTrill's nice places>>

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 07-Oct-12 22:02:20

Hey, usualsuspecttrois, the Halloween stuff is on Pinterest is rife I tell you, rife.

<<checcks over shoulder for ZedTee>>

Darn Uhmericans.

[wiunk]

Trills Sun 07-Oct-12 22:02:32

It's hardly investing, I can do a "what I think shouldn't be on AIBU" post almost blindfolded now grin

IvorHughJackolantern Sun 07-Oct-12 22:03:05

I am aligning myself firmly with Maryz, I may even make placards and start marching about the place.

These placards will encourage the abomination of capital letters, or they might just say: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think on what you're risking here, Chaos, think very carefully....

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 07-Oct-12 22:03:17

Blimey EmZed, that level of horrifiedness is rediculous.

shock

SheelaNeGig Sun 07-Oct-12 22:03:28

AIBU to get meself a fake baby and induce relactation in ordrr to spend christmas on the sofa?

MaryZed Sun 07-Oct-12 22:03:49

<falls sobbing on Trills' chest>

<hyperventilates>

IvorHughJackolantern Sun 07-Oct-12 22:05:01

<tilts head at MaryZed>

<soothes>

MaryZed Sun 07-Oct-12 22:05:47

I knew I liked you Ivor <waves>

I've warned Helen I would report every single one until the beginning of December. She is currently cowering in a corner swigging [gin]

<considers namechanging to ffsmaryzisrightitsonlyfeckingoctober!!!!!!!! With No Capitals>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now