Advanced search

13 yr old daughter has been taken by her father for weekend and says shes not coming back

(43 Posts)
alicatmandu Sun 07-Oct-12 20:24:21

Help, he messes with her head, he has no PR. bad things happen when he has her, he is not consistant, only sees her when it suits him, should i call police, social services? i told him if she not back by 8.45 im calling police.

Whitecherry Mon 08-Oct-12 18:08:13

What happened op?

FolkGhoul Mon 08-Oct-12 06:37:56

Will he take her to school today?

cestlavielife Sun 07-Oct-12 23:41:04

It is. A bit confusing. if she is excluded is she at home or been referred to sme kind of pupil referral? We're CAMHS involved after overdose? Do you have aname you can call psychologist ?
Tomorrow morning cal her gp and the people she been referred to CAMHS and educational welfare officer get them to check on her and dad and find out what is going on .

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Oct-12 23:39:26

Leave it til the morning now, then get in contact, and find out what's going on, and see if she is ok. try not worry, easier said than done I know.

Did the police not contact you back either?

alicatmandu Sun 07-Oct-12 23:28:53

no, trying not to worry

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Oct-12 22:56:39

Have you heard anything from anyone yet?

alicatmandu Sun 07-Oct-12 22:19:20

he is her dad and she needs her dad, well i hoped he would talk to her as she is hanging out with older girls and going out straight from school. i know because he sent a txt to me, he was abusive to me but i hope he do right for them

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 07-Oct-12 22:18:49

I'm sure her brother will look out for her. Try not to worry too much.

gordyslovesheep Sun 07-Oct-12 22:08:31

how do you know they are not comming home?

How can the police say he has PR?

Why would you let them go if he is so awful?

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Oct-12 22:05:42

So who actually told you she wasn't coming home?

alicatmandu Sun 07-Oct-12 22:03:43

no i have not spoken to her, she does not have her phone and he is not answering, her big brother is there and says he has not seen them all day

alicatmandu Sun 07-Oct-12 22:01:51

thanks for trying to cheer me up touchof insanity, perhaps i should just wait for her to want to come home, its just she has been through a lot with her separated parents warring and i fear for her safety, she has been excluded from school and is not in a good place, it has taken so long for her to be given any help professionally and that is still in the process of being set up, its all frustrating and her dad does not help, she says she loves him more than anything and yet he has let her down so much, i would just like to know she is safe for now

gordyslovesheep Sun 07-Oct-12 22:00:47

HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO YOUR DAUGHTER it is really hard to help if you wont answer questions

Tiredmumno1 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:56:40

What makes you think they are not there?

Did you actually speak to your dd?

alicatmandu Sun 07-Oct-12 21:51:55

called 101 police, they say he has pr therefore there is nothing they can do, he does not have pr, at least they are going to his property to carry out a welfare check, as far as i know, they are not there, i am worried because if they not there then where are they.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 07-Oct-12 21:45:56

op not enough info.

But based on info given, if you think she is in immediate danger call the police.

If not, she is 13,and you should take a wee step back and figure out how best to handle the situation so this doesn't totally screw up your relationship with her.

ATourchOfInsanity Sun 07-Oct-12 21:41:30

Christ, sorry OP, just read a few more recent posts and realised how serious this could be for you. Didn't mean to make light of it, was just trying to cheer you up, sorry blush

Hope you are ok.

ATourchOfInsanity Sun 07-Oct-12 21:38:56

OP - I remember saying this to my mum at one point. Was at boarding school in the week but still...
When I eventually went to live with him for my A'levels, I realised that he:
a) only bought microwavable meals for 1
b) only had x1 knife/fork, plate and bowl which he washed after every use if it looked like it needed it
c) had never heard of any household cleaning products
d) was never home, left house at 6am for work, got home at 10pm (no discipline, which was fun for about 3 months then got lonely)
e) rarely asked how I was or knew much about me
f) would buy me naughty things like pot noodles etc, but didn't actually give advice or seem to care, as only a mum can.

RESULT - bad A'level results and strong desire to leave home.

Believe me, she will get bored and miss you. Promise.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sun 07-Oct-12 21:36:11

What's happened op?

Have you spoken to your dd?

Did you call the police?

DoMeDon Sun 07-Oct-12 21:34:39

I think 'he messes withe her head' means he is some sort of abuser (emotional/mental). Leaving her there may leave her in a situation OP is not able to endure. There is not enough info TBH. If he is this bad why does she go to stay instead of supervised contact?

NimpyWindowMash Sun 07-Oct-12 21:28:39

OP, I guess there is a big back story here that we don't know. Have you been able to speak to your DD about her reasons for not wanting to come home?
Essentially I agree with everything Fishwife1949 says. Inform the school in case of any problems with attendance. Tell her you love her and she can come back whenever she wants.

LDNmummy Sun 07-Oct-12 21:14:05

Sorry but I disagree that calling the police will show her how much you care.

I would say try and resolve this another way or she may end up hating you and wanting to be away from you even more than she thinks she does now.

Why doesn't she want to come home OP?

I think you need to give more details before getting even a half way informed opinion on how to act on this.

I don't think jumping to call the police is the best option here at all, maybe an option, but not the instant fix it all option that is being made out.

Sorry to hear about your situation though!

QuickLookBusy Sun 07-Oct-12 21:07:27

Alicat I think if you are worried about the safety of your dd you should call the police.

Fishwife1949 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:57:28

akaemmafrost what message will it send a court will not make a child of 13 live with a parent they dont want to unless

The main carer can prove they are dangerous or the child is not of sound mind eg sn

Fishwife1949 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:55:42

alicatmandu sorry are you saying he caused the over dose because if she wanted to do it i doubut you would hve been able to stop her unless watching her 24 hours 7 days a week

If she comes back under duresss i think your relationship will break down

Do you really want the police to drag her kicking and screaming home

She is 13 and no court would force a 13 to live with a parent she didnt want to

I feel your pain i would be hart broken of ds wanted to stay with my ex

But like i said all you can do is tell her you love her and that your arms are open and dont get into drama which seems to be what you ex is all about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now