Talk

Advanced search

To think this is inappropriate ..

(18 Posts)
Nahla321 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:46:01

I was in the town centre this morning and saw a little boy of about 3 in Primark he was wearing a child's sized cap on his head with a large glittery cannabis sign on the front. I know this is none of my business but I'm just wondering if I'm the only one to think it is inappropriate for a child of this age to be wearing? Would you let your DS wear this or am I just bring old fashioned.

TheMonster Sun 07-Oct-12 19:47:30

I would not let my ds wear it.

Sirzy Sun 07-Oct-12 19:48:05

No I wouldn't let DS wear anything like that.

There again i wouldn't let a primary school age girl have playboy items but that seems to be pretty normal to!

monkeysbignuts Sun 07-Oct-12 19:48:31

really!! what next play boy bunny on little girls clothes! yanbu

frootshoots Sun 07-Oct-12 19:48:43

Disgusting. Not only that he was wearing it, but that such things are even made!

Nahla321 Sun 07-Oct-12 19:48:48

Sorry about the typo's i blame auto correct on iPhone blush

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sun 07-Oct-12 19:48:57

No ways would I let DS wear something like that.

LFCisTarkaDahl Sun 07-Oct-12 19:50:41

There's loads if people who won't know what it meant - it just looks like a pretty leaf grin

But I wouldn't cos I know.

girliefriend Sun 07-Oct-12 19:50:45

yanbu although not sure what relevance it has that he was in Primark hmm

mrsminerva Sun 07-Oct-12 19:51:32

Do you have many problems judging other as 'inappropriate'? Think cap is crime against fashion TBH. Seriously hate people who use the word 'inappropriate',

AmberLeaf Sun 07-Oct-12 19:51:43

I dont believe it was a child sized cap with a cannabis leaf on.

picnicbasketcase Sun 07-Oct-12 19:52:40

Sounds horrible regardless of who was wearing it and which shop they were in tbh

No way on this earth would i let my DS wear something like that

YANBU

paulapantsdown Sun 07-Oct-12 19:56:35

We were on holiday in Spain when DS1 was about 6 years old. We let him and his little brother choose one of the little cloth do-rag type tie on hats (very hard to describe, but they sell them at every holiday resort).

He picked one with a cannibis leaf pattern on it, and nothing we could say could discourage him, so we bought it for him. He wore it for the rest of the holiday, and we have some great photos! It's not something I would have let him wear back home though!

Fakebook Sun 07-Oct-12 20:04:09

yanbu, it is as inappropriate as this.

dondon33 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:19:43

That's honestly disgusting YANBU

dondon33 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:21:44

Paulapantsdown
As the parent you could of said no and that's that. I personally wouldn't have tried to discourage him because it wouldn't have an option.

pumpkinsweetie Sun 07-Oct-12 20:25:55

Yanbu. But mentioning primark in the sentence yabu as i luuurvve primark!
I cannot stand these inappropriate symbols and slogans that are now brandished on kids/baby wearangry

What happened to children being childrensad and wearing nice normal childrens wear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now