Talk

Advanced search

To be grumpy if I want to be???

(5 Posts)
sittinginthesun Sun 07-Oct-12 19:29:06

DH has just told me that I shouldn't be grumpy! It's Sunday evening, no excuse for being grumpy, and to cheer up.

DH says this, glancing up from the telly, as I lug the 4th pile of ironed clothes upstairs, on my way to bath two children, one of whom (the asthmatic one of course), has a stinking cold and has been up every couple of hours in the night. This is after a weekend of six loads of washing, washed, dried and ironed; several meals cooked, washed up; floors swept; homework done; football matches lost so tearful children; oh, and did I mentioned the child with the stinking cold, who spent yesterday in tears on my lap, and today coughing his little head off.

So, I had a grumpy moment when I realised that the big child hadn't actually touched the shampoo when washing his hair earlier, despite telling me he had, and he still smelt of school from Friday. So I told him to go back in the shower, and do it again.

Apparently, I was grumpy!!!

CailinDana Sun 07-Oct-12 19:32:32

Why hasn't your DH helped you with any of that?

sittinginthesun Sun 07-Oct-12 19:34:20

He was stressed about the rugby yesterday, and getting over Leeds winning today, apparently...

(he is quite good normally, but he appears to be on strike this weekend).

sittinginthesun Sun 07-Oct-12 19:34:37

He is a Leeds fan.

dondon33 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:02:52

YADNBU!

I'd be more than fecking grumpy if I were you. Tell him to STFU and get off his arse and help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now