Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit disappointed with Darcey on Strictly?

(47 Posts)
grovel Sun 07-Oct-12 10:10:27

Still, she's better than Brucie.

midori1999 Sun 07-Oct-12 10:12:01

She's also better than Tess Daleys odd dresses...

I found her Ok tbh, at least she is an actual, proper dancer, unlike (the lovely anyway) Alisha Dickson.

Icelollycraving Sun 07-Oct-12 10:12:16

She is extremely irritating with the 'yeah?!' every time she spoke. Better than Alisha but frankly that's not hard.

difficultpickle Sun 07-Oct-12 10:18:18

She didn't do any yahs last night. Big improvement on the night before so someone must have spoken to her between sets (as they are filmed on the same night). Proper dancing tips and helpful. Alesha just commented on what the dancers did rather than telling them tips to help them improve.

Faxthatpam Sun 07-Oct-12 10:19:02

Oh lawwwwwd!!! the constant 'yuh?' 'ok this is what you do yeah?' 'got that?yuhh?' s ALL THE BLEEDIN TIME??? Someone needs to take her aside, show her a tape of herself and teach her to STOP.

It makes her sound so patronising and actually what she is saying is valid - she does actually know what she's talking about - and she's trying to help them. It's a shame.

What was Tess wearing? She used to be trashy and is now going for the 'fashion forward' look hmm.

UnChartered Sun 07-Oct-12 10:21:51

I love her giving the little gems on posture. And I'd give up something rather precious to have legs like hers. <eyes DD>

sugarice Sun 07-Oct-12 10:22:13

I think she'll stop yahing when she settles in and doesn't feel the need to end her sentences with it. Yah?

ifancyashandy Sun 07-Oct-12 10:23:40

Not a fan. Stopwith the 'yah's.

(last night & Friday were both live. It's when the move to Sat / Sun that the Sun results show is pre-recorded).

Sirzy Sun 07-Oct-12 10:23:52

I like the fact she actually tries to make useful comments rather than simply slagging everything off

Icelollycraving Sun 07-Oct-12 11:00:52

On another note,how fab was Lisa? Who knew?! I thought that they booked her as the token joke of the year & she can really move. I watched her three times smile

LouMacca Sun 07-Oct-12 11:03:13

Comments and advice are good but the 'yah' thing makes me want to bash my head against the wall!! Someone needs to speak to her about it and soon!!!

LouMacca Sun 07-Oct-12 11:04:20

Oh yah Lisa was amazing!! grin

slartybartfast Sun 07-Oct-12 11:12:28

i loved lisa. and she was so happy

Whitecherry Sun 07-Oct-12 11:16:00

Well to be fair,Darcy can only comment on some aspects..... She's a ballerina and ballroom is very different. Would she know when it's a heel lead or the details of a 'promenade' or 'whisk'?

No, she won't. Because thats not ballet. She seems nice though

KurriKurri Sun 07-Oct-12 11:25:03

I much prefer her to Aleesha, at least she has dance credentials. Ok she says yeah and yah a lot. I think someone might have pointed that out to her because she gave a little nervous giggle last night after doing it. It's probably the way she normally speaks and is just exaggerated by the fact she's doin it on telly.

I like the tips and encouragement she gives to people - surely the idea of the programme is to make people want to dance, and she seems to take the attitude that everyone can have a go and improve.

Let's face it, Tess has been doing talk to camera stuff for years and is still monumentally crap at it.

slartybartfast Sun 07-Oct-12 11:29:40

did aleesha mind being ousted? or did she leave of her own accord?
there was a big hoo haa when she ousted arlene, but they have gone back to an actual dancer with darcy

Arabellasmella Sun 07-Oct-12 11:32:59

I liked her little tips. I think she's very nervous actually and that's what all the yah's are about, hopefully she'll loosed up a bit. I think Karen Hardy would have been a really great judge.

sugarice Sun 07-Oct-12 11:36:58

I second Karen Hardy who should have been on the panel but I do like Darcy.

DelGirl Sun 07-Oct-12 11:37:02

I like her and she is giving good advice. However I do find the yeah's irritating......stop it yeah!

SheelaNeGig Sun 07-Oct-12 11:39:07

I like Darcey. Even the yahs. And i want her legs.

RedBlanket Sun 07-Oct-12 11:42:10

slarty - Alesha left of her own accord to go to Britain's Got Talent. And she didn't 'oust' Arlene. The BBC didn't renew Arlene's contract, nothing to do with Alesha!

I think DB will be OK when she settles down a bit, at least she was trying to be helpful. Loved he blushing when they were teasing her about Louis.

MrsBovary Sun 07-Oct-12 11:49:58

I don't watch Strictly, but she always did come across a little uncertain and hesitant in interviews by her usage of lots of filler-type words.

Nancy66 Sun 07-Oct-12 12:10:54

i find myself transfixed by her weird Michael Jackson nose

GW297 Sun 07-Oct-12 12:13:17

She's a bit condescending, yah.

50smellsofshite Sun 07-Oct-12 12:16:45

I know, I have no idea what she says I am just staring at her Michael Jackson nose. I can't think of anything else. That's not God's creation, is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now