Talk

Advanced search

to think leggings should be more substantial than tights?

(34 Posts)
abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 21:41:36

Oh.. The shame blush. 25 weeks pregnant and been living in a pair of lovely seam free maternity leggings that are so comfy. They feel super soft, more like tights than normal leggings so I should have seen the warning signs. Even when not up le duff I make sure my top covers my bum and hips so I thought I had found the holy grail of comfort combined with style.

And then I logged onto Facebook tonight.

My mate has posted photos of me (thankfully my security settings are too high for her to tag me) playing at the swing park with DS. You can actually count the cellulite freckles on my legs through my glorified tights leggings. I swear anyone seeing it must think I have no sense of propriety as it looks like am wearing my jumper as a frock shock.

I have eaten a gigantic bar of galaxy to ease my mortification but am pondering whether I have just cause to take Blooming Scandalous Marvelous to court for some legging induced form of defamation of character?

Toughasoldboots Sat 06-Oct-12 21:43:21

Be thankful that you had a long top on- that could have been cause to move out of the area.

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 21:46:34

Yes.. I have glossed over the image of me bending down to catch DS at the bottom of the slide. Full view of my Primark nick naks.

<whimpers>

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 21:51:00

Permission to piss myself laughing please? grin blush

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Oct-12 21:52:22

grin

Leggings are supposed to be worn as tights.

grin

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 21:53:53

Leggings were much thicker in the 80's

<< Nostalgic >>

Toughasoldboots Sat 06-Oct-12 21:53:57

Praise The Lord you had pants on...

brew grin

Ooops sounds like something that would happen to me

Maybe you could get them under the trade descriptions act - surely they sold you footless tights but described them as leggings? grin

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 21:56:18

Then what are footless tights Secret?! Honestly, I was trying to go for the heavy duty option, given am pregnant but jeans are so uncomfortable..

Worra you need to join the long queue that starts with my DH and supposed friends..

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 21:57:20

Like your thinking TheEnglishWoman!

Loie159 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:58:44

Worra. Was just going to say the same thing. For my sins I remember wearing leggings and crop tops ( I know I know) in the late 80s and you could not see through them. I have lost count of the number of women I see who haven't realised their leggings are see thru

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Oct-12 22:00:17

footless tights are thinner!grin

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Oct-12 22:03:47

were they as sheer?
this is far, far worse

Toughasoldboots Sat 06-Oct-12 22:06:53

Oh dear me, she is nekkid.

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 22:07:26

Haha! Thanks for cheering me up Secret!

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Oct-12 22:08:17

just google "leggings fail" and images results and you'll pee yourself laughing.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Oct-12 22:09:01

I thought that, toughas, but then I realised she couldn't be a sthe lady is black.

Viperidae Sat 06-Oct-12 22:09:19

My friend told me about these fabulous leggings by NYDJ that not only are totally unseethrough but also give you the arse of Pippa Middleton, which would be nothing short of a miracle at my size. Sounded great till I heard they were about £80 shock

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 22:09:43

I may be able to contribute (attempting to see funny side..)

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 22:10:25

Sorry - my comment was re the websites!

Smeghead Sat 06-Oct-12 22:12:00

I saw a woman at school on Thursday who was about the same size as me (16) and she was wearing a short T-shirt and leggings (bad enough if you are my size!) but the leggings were see through!

Thankfully she was wearing black big pants, but frankly I didnt need to see them!

Jeggings are the work of the devil if they are in faux blue denim, but are great in plain black as they are much thicker than normal leggings.

Smeghead Sat 06-Oct-12 22:15:15

Oh and I am currently wearing a pair of super thick black leggings that I got from Dorothy Perkins for (I think) £18, they are almost jodphur ish, in that they have thick seams. I am wearing them with a long purple tunic, so no arse on show either way!

abigboydidit Sat 06-Oct-12 22:21:37

My jumper did cover my arse! Honest! I just had failed to appreciate that it needed to cover my ankles knees blush]

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 22:24:20

Loie159 and the off the shoulder t.shirt with a vest top inside?

Big around the baggy top? grin

I have no idea what you mean.... wink

WorraLiberty Sat 06-Oct-12 22:24:46

Big belt around the baggy top blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now