to giggle at ...

(7 Posts)
FreudiansGoldSlipper Sat 06-Oct-12 20:57:27

the word spunky

yes i am watching X Factor and i have had a glass or 3 of wine

Nicole Schezinger you should have been told grin

Sparklingbrook Sat 06-Oct-12 21:01:25

No but YABVU for watching X Factor. grin

She always comes across as a bit thick to me.

LilyCocoplatt Sat 06-Oct-12 21:08:42

I think it's just an unfortunate use of a word that has a very different meaning in the USA, I don't particularly like Nicole but I wouldn't call her thick for using it as it was correct in the context of the American meaning. YANBU to giggle at it though grin.

Housewifefromheaven Sat 06-Oct-12 21:12:21

I kept laughing at the name James Arthur!!!

UnknownGnome Sat 06-Oct-12 21:16:40

I remember watching Home and Away many many years ago (when everyone watched it!). There was a girl, I think her name was Bobbi, and her boyfriend (who I think I fancied smile) was a surfer who had died. Anyway, at the end of one episode, after all the tears and grief, she stood on the beach, looked out into the sea, threw a fist into the air and lovingly shouted 'SPUNK!'. I nearly choked on my tea!

FreudiansGoldSlipper Sat 06-Oct-12 21:21:24

yes i knew i should not be watching X Factor but ....

i have no excuse apart from coming in a little drunk after late boozy lunch and ds not here so i can top up on wine smile

it has been very boring apart from Nicole's calling whoever spunky highlight of the show

whoever are on now are utter pants

Sparklingbrook Sat 06-Oct-12 21:24:46

I am going to be U later and watch SCD on Sky plus, zipping through Bruce and Tess and whatever crap they are saying. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now