Talk

Advanced search

Throwing Virtual Teddies Out Of Virtual Pram

(3 Posts)
ItsMyTantrum Sat 06-Oct-12 20:56:26

DD (aged 2) has had that awful cough, cold, sore throat 4 weeks ago - I got no more than 3 hours sleep a night for 2 weeks ago. Just as she was getting over it, I got it. Again no more than 3 hours sleep a night for 2 weeks.

A week ago "D"P got a toothache (again) and rather than do anything about it, he left it until it got infected. Despite me nagging him daily. Finally went to dentist yesterday. He has a swollen face and is in a lot of pain. I know it hurts, but does he have to lie on the sofa groaning and moaning and hawking up so he makes himself sick. And he keeps throwing up in the sink rather than using the bathroom, as he can shout from there for me to fetch water/clothes and other shit. I am all out of sympathy because he could have prevented this by a) going to the dentist earlier and b) practising better dental hygeine (he only cleans his teeth a couple of times a week (one of the reasons he is STBX).

I despatched him off to bed an hour ago. DD is upset because he won't take any notice of her because he is "poorly" and keeps telling her this. She's 2 for fuck's sake.

He wasn't in too much pain to spend the afternoon outside with a mate tinkering with his motorbike.

He's drinking everything through a straw and leaves half drunk cups with straws in all over the house. He's forgotten how to open the dishwasher. He's lost the use of his legs and arms. He has trailed crap and detritus all through the house, which was clean and tidy this morning.

And to top it all off, he's expecting me to sleep on the sofa so he can "get a better night's sleep".

I HAVE HAD IT!!! I want to throw things and shout and stomp about but I can't because DD is finally asleep and if P wakes up he will just moan and slob about and I may just do him an injury.

And breathe.................................................... And I'm in such a strop I've just stormed outside and had a fag. First time in 2 months.

IABU aren't I? Have namechanged by the way. I'm a fairly regular poster.

caraway Sat 06-Oct-12 21:04:38

Nah, don't worry. He deserves pity for the toothache (it seriously hurts), but he's an adult, he should have know better and brushed his teeth often. I bet your DD has to brush her teeth- why shouldn't he? It's a bad example. Secondly, though toothache hurts a lot, when I've had it (I used to be terrible at brushing my teeth in my teens- I'm reformed now grin) it feels better to do stuff. Like picking things up, tidying, getting on with things. Thirdly, you can tell him to sleep in the sofa. If he really wants, swap beds with DD- at that age, they seem to like have a cuddle with their mum (though it won't give you much sleep depending on your DD). Or he can sleep in the sofa. You have to singlehandedly deal with a 2yr old (nightmares on their own) and an adult who's brought pain onto himself and can't be bothered to do anything. You need more sleep than him because you'll be doing all the work.

PinkFairyDust Sat 06-Oct-12 21:04:43

No, tough shit he has made his bed so he can lie in...he can sleep on the sofa or the floor your ill too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: