Talk

Advanced search

Bullying after school.

(12 Posts)
linzi248485 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:38:11

I know this probably isn't the right place but I really need some advice. My daughter is in year 7 and has a 30 minute bus journey each way. She is getting punched and smacked by a boy on the way home. The boy goes to the same school as her. Would I be able to talk to the teachers about it. She goes home with a friend and I am unable to collect her. I don't think it happens everyday but she was in years on the phone to be after school today and I couldn't do anything about it. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Joiningthegang Fri 05-Oct-12 20:40:28

Report to school with her - they should be able to act on this

Your poor daughter x

JamieandtheMagicTorch Fri 05-Oct-12 20:41:50

Yes! Contact the school and get it sorted. Schools now do not ignore anything that goes on outside. I 'd also be tempted to call the police. He is assaulting her.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with more experience.

Your poor dd. My son has just started y 7 as well

marriedinwhite Fri 05-Oct-12 21:50:48

Inform the school in writing and ask for a response within five working days setting out what they are going to do to prevent the boy's behaviour and ensure your daughter is protected from bullying and physical abuse. Is it the school bus with a set time or is it a public bus? Could your daughter "miss" the bus or run for an earlier one to avoid the bully little shitbag

MoonlightShadows Fri 05-Oct-12 21:53:37

I would call the police, getting 'punched and smacked' is assault!

larks35 Fri 05-Oct-12 22:01:12

Phone the school, if they're good, then this will be sorted quickly. Your poor DD. Our school has an assistant head who oversees coaches and any probs that occur therein. When you phone the school ask if there is someone who takes this responsibility, but also speak to your DD's HoY. In a good school they will take this very seriously.

AgentZigzag Fri 05-Oct-12 22:06:10

Agree with going to the school with it, it's part of the school day because she can't avoid going on the bus.

Your poor DD.

What year is the boy in? How do the other children act when he's attacking your DD?

linzi248485 Fri 05-Oct-12 22:09:11

Thanks for the replies. I picked this school to get away from the bullies. She has had problems all through primary but never physical?. It is a public bus but her missing one can add 30 mins onto journey. I think I will phone the school on Monday and see what they have to say. I just wasn't sure where you stand with it not been in school grounds. I feel so awful because she loves the school and its just this one boy that is spoiling it for her.

linzi248485 Fri 05-Oct-12 22:10:52

Agent zigzag she went to primary with this boy he is in the same year and used to bully her at primary. I spoke to the school then and it stopped. I thought sending her to a school not in the catchment area would get her away from him and all the other bullies.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Fri 05-Oct-12 22:37:38

I would be tempted to go straight to the police about it - just because they are school age doesn't make them any less subject to/protected by the Law.
Maybe either call in to the police station in person or call their non-emergency number and ask them what, if anything, they can do.
I am assuming that you and your DD know who this boy is, and even if you don't know where he lives, you know which school he goes to etc so he is easily identifiable.
Your DD does not have to put up with being assaulted and intimidated EVER from anyone!
Hopefully one little word to his parents/knock on their door from a police officer will sort the little fucker bully right out and he can keep his hands and opinions to himself and leave your DD alone.

AgentZigzag Fri 05-Oct-12 22:42:32

I understand what posters are saying about the police, and agree it is an assault, but I would go to the school first.

Mainly because you can't gauge what the possible repercussions of involving the police would be for your DD. Not only for her having to talk to them, but how other children would treat her when they knew what had happened.

I'm not saying that's right, but realistically you can't do anything about what the other children think about it.

mummytime Fri 05-Oct-12 22:55:38

She needs to start to keep a diary recording all bullying events, this can bemusedly the police as evidence. I would also tell her to sit near the bus driver (and might also talk to the us company).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now