Talk

Advanced search

Do your school disco or similar have a sign in/out system?

(17 Posts)
Whistlingwaves Fri 05-Oct-12 20:09:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imperialstateknickers Fri 05-Oct-12 20:12:16

How old is DD? We always signed in/out at primary level school discos (I was a senior PTA bod and involved in everything we did). Doesn't seem to happen at secondary school though.

Euphemia Fri 05-Oct-12 20:13:22

DD's school has a list at the door and names are ticked off as children come in.

kim147 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:17:59

Whistlingwaves Fri 05-Oct-12 20:18:59

DorisIsWaiting Fri 05-Oct-12 20:19:27

We did n't used to, til someone mentioned fire safety and safeguard etc.

Now the calss regeisters are printed off and children signed in / out

Mumsyblouse Fri 05-Oct-12 20:19:35

Tickets and a list to get in, children handed out to parents individually afterwards.

Takes ages, so now the Key stage 1 and 2 disco are held 30 min apart so they can do this.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Fri 05-Oct-12 20:51:30

We have to hand in a signed permission slip with contact details when we leave, and I guess a stack of slips could count as a register. They don't need to be signed out, but they are handed over.

Whistlingwaves Fri 05-Oct-12 21:16:42

kim147 Fri 05-Oct-12 21:21:04

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Fri 05-Oct-12 21:38:41

I think if you're going to mention it to the PTA organisers, then you have to think that they are likely to think 'if you think it should be run a certain way then great, you come and help'. If it was badly organised, it was probably because there weren't enough adults there to help.

The PTA terrifies me to be quite honest, so I support them financially and do the hour on the stall stuff, but on the whole I'm just grateful that they are giving up their time to raise much needed money for the school. I wouldn't want to mention anything that could be taken badly to either the PTA or the school staff, especially as there's a risk that I might somehow end up at one of their meetings.

Whistlingwaves Fri 05-Oct-12 21:56:05

Skivvytomany Fri 05-Oct-12 22:02:03

Ours have tickets and the class teachers go too, when they go in the class teacher takes the register. It's held in school so I guess they have access to the emergency details there.

Skivvytomany Fri 05-Oct-12 22:04:04

I forgot to add that's it in the evening and the PTA organises it.

PatriciaHolm Fri 05-Oct-12 22:08:43

For ours, tickets are sold in advance, never on the door, and names ticked off on a list as they come in, and they are dismissed school-style by teachers at the end (ie. teachers have to see the adult they are leaving with, unless they have written permission to go home alone). I don't think school would let us do it otherwise (I'm PTA Chair). For any events that involved kids without parents, we sign them in (film day, for example)

RedBlanket Fri 05-Oct-12 22:14:43

We have tickets and you have to write the child's name and emergency number. Class teachers for KS1 make sure that child leaves with the right person. We used to have a sign in/out system but we had so many complaints about how long it took that we dropped it. In two years we've only had one child do a runner, fortunately went out with a friend and was promptly returned. We now make sure that as well as class teachers checking there Are two PTA people making sure that every child is with an adult before the leave. I've stopped a few running off no parent ever minds.

Mention to someone on PTA OR the HT we tweak the system every time we get feedback about them. we take the risk assessment and child protection stuff Very seriously.

RedBlanket Fri 05-Oct-12 22:17:58

We definitely don't let the kids leave by themselves, our Head would combust if we even suggested it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now