Talk

Advanced search

To speak to ds nursery?

(6 Posts)
ellathefox Fri 05-Oct-12 19:35:55

I would just like to say that I'm scared I might be a bit pfb with this and slightly tmi poo wise so other opinions would be really helpful.

Picked up 1yo ds from nursery just after 5. They couldn't find his 'what I did today...' Sheet but told me details of last nappy change (3 o'clock) and what he had to eat etc. Everything was fine, they would usually say of they noticed any redness when he is being changed (only once, I have been lucky with no nappy rash).

Got home and thought ds had pooed (he's not one to moan when he has a dirty nappy) and obviously went to change him. However, the poo looked like it had been there for a long time. It was very, very dry and his bum was scarlett and had tiny blisters all over it. He seemed to be in pain when I touched them. It wasn't like that this morning.

Should I say something or am I being pfb and it's just one of those things?

sookiesookie Fri 05-Oct-12 19:38:54

I would mention it. More because of the rash.

Ds poked the other day and dh thought it had been there ages, just like you describe. But I had only changed a wet nappy 15 mins before so it was there 10 mins at the most.

Did the person speaking to you, change your ds' nappy? Perhaps it was on the sheet and she didn't know about it.

sookiesookie Fri 05-Oct-12 19:39:32

Ds pooed not poked. smile

ellathefox Fri 05-Oct-12 19:42:18

I don't know who changed the nappy. It never says on the sheet, only if it was dirty or wet. She was reading out of the book that they keep for their own records though.

tjah04 Fri 05-Oct-12 19:42:19

How long has he been at the nursery Ella?

My son used to go to a nursery at 2yo and come home soaked through. When I pulled them and he continued to come home like it, they said they asked him and he refused. I had to take hime out.

However I have always asked since and all nurseries tell me that they have set times for changes unless they smell poo and then of course they will change it. If he pooed at 3 o'clock and no-one smelt it, it could have been over 2 hours before you noted.

So I wouldn't go in guns blazing but would definately mention it. Especially as with blisters he is likely to be sore tomorrow also.

ellathefox Fri 05-Oct-12 19:46:30

He's been there 2 months and had no problems at all. My mum was the one who recommended them as they have the best records. She works for the care commission.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now