Talk

Advanced search

Ahh tesco parking!

(9 Posts)
DozyDuck Fri 05-Oct-12 14:48:54

I went to tesco today, it wasn't busy, loads of spaces, I saw a disabled space free, opposite it was a car with its hazzard lights on just stopped, I parked and began getting DS (who has a disabled badge) out of his chair. Then an older woman started banging on the window. I opened the door and she said 'we were fucking waiting for that space and you just went in it' I looked at the car she was pointing at (one with hazzard lights on) and said 'you weren't indicating I didn't know' she then said 'you didn't fucking look you just drove in!' I said 'I'm sorry if you were indicating I would have known do you want me to move?' and she said 'fuck off' and stormed off.

Was I unreasonable? Really? Was I supposed to know? People sit with hazards on nearer tesco all the time waiting for someone etc.

Did she really need to swear in front of my child even after I offered to move?

The car she was waiting in then parked in the disabled space right next to me!

Was it really worth that? Would you have known?

I just don't understand w

DozyDuck Fri 05-Oct-12 14:49:30

(sorry DS pressing my iPad) I don't understand what that rant was about! I offered to move sad

Toughasoldboots Fri 05-Oct-12 14:51:03

The mistake that you are making is to apply logic and normal human behaviour to a complete arsehole.

Don't pick it apart in your head and think that you had some part to play. Some people are just nasty and you can't change that.
Hope you're ok now.

BuntCadger Fri 05-Oct-12 14:51:40

YaNbu. She's a loon. Breathe deeply and ignore her

DozyDuck Fri 05-Oct-12 14:53:04

I'm ok. I did say afterwards 'there is no need to swear in front of my child you nasty lady' which DS has been echoing all day. So on a positive note he picked up on what I said rather than her bad language.... If he started swearing like she did I would be fuming sad

naturalbaby Fri 05-Oct-12 14:56:32

I don't understand what people use hazard lights for these days, but they don't mean you're waiting for a parking space in my book!
If the space was free for you to park in then she should have been moving her car.

DozyDuck Fri 05-Oct-12 15:00:52

Thank you! At least I know i didn't actually do anything wrong then! I would understand if I cut her off just as she was trying to get in or if I was parking there and had no badge or something, or even is I'd have started shouting back when she started on me sad

NervousAt20 Fri 05-Oct-12 15:03:58

YANBU she sounds nuts! I wouldn't have offered to move either angry hazard lights don't mean that parking space across there is mine at all

DozyDuck Fri 05-Oct-12 15:06:50

I know I didn't have to offer to move but I just wanted to keep the peace a bit as she was obviously worked up about it. The thing is I don't understand why she was banging on my window if she didn't want me to move? All seems a bit pointless...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now