Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to help me choose a gift for my dh for our ....

(16 Posts)
LilBlondePessimist Fri 05-Oct-12 03:37:25

........10th wedding anniversary next week? The gift lists say tin or aluminium and I'm stumped. I'd like to get him something really nice (although im sure he'd appreciate a few tinnies grin). We are in oz btw so preferably something online. Tia.

ChocolateIsAFoodGroup Fri 05-Oct-12 04:43:48

Ooooh - no ideas but it's my tenth wedding anniversary next week as well - i will watch this thread and steal all the best ideas wink

grin

ripsishere Fri 05-Oct-12 04:44:15

My DH thought he was being super original buying me a Tin Tin book,Tshirt and tray.
I would have preferred a tin of beer TBH.

RuleBritannia Fri 05-Oct-12 05:31:12

What about something made of pewter, a variation of tin?

LondonKitty Fri 05-Oct-12 05:36:18

So what is he into?

Aluminium alloy golf clubs? An aluminium fishing rod?

LilBlondePessimist Fri 05-Oct-12 05:42:34

Ooh, like the sound of the fishing rod! And I might leave the pewter idea lying around for him to me - can imagine getting a few tins of XXXX, which would be great. If I wasn't six months pg grin

sashh Fri 05-Oct-12 06:20:43

Planes are made of aluminium (I think) so what about a flying lesson?

santaisNOTathreat Fri 05-Oct-12 08:18:30

how about wrapping his presents in tin foil or

THIS

Greavesey Fri 05-Oct-12 09:50:41

Get him FIFA and box of tinnies. Sorted.

Best Anniversary Ever.

BookieMonster Fri 05-Oct-12 09:54:23

I found a vintage toffee tin in an antiques shop and used it as the box for some lovely cuff links (DH wears them all week for work). Could you do something similar, use a tin to house something he would appreciate?

Mintyy Fri 05-Oct-12 09:55:52

Yanbu and you can put the full question in the thread title. And also this is a chat question.

givemeaclue Fri 05-Oct-12 09:56:36

In oz? It surely has to be...a tinnie!

Ithinkitsjustme Fri 05-Oct-12 10:18:13

I'm just gobsmacked that anyone sticks to the paper, tin, or whatever for anniversaries - I'd far rather have concert tickets or something than the "proper" gift.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 05-Oct-12 10:20:29

A silver, engraved 'love heart sweet'- dh keeps his in his wallet

He bought me a silver 'last rolo' that was engraved.

Not aluminium or tin but a silver colour at least!

BikeRunSki Fri 05-Oct-12 10:22:57

I got DH some tin can shaped cufflinks made of tin, from South Crofty Mine, a Cornish Tin mine. They do a range of jewellery and stuff for men and women. Goggle "south crofty jewellery".

flyoverthegoldenhill Fri 05-Oct-12 11:18:30

BikeRunSki great idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now