Talk

Advanced search

BBC, Waterloo Road and Paedophilia

(11 Posts)
Helpyourself Thu 04-Oct-12 20:54:27

I'm too cross to phrase this as an AIBU.
What on earth are they thinking of? Plot line where a teenager makes a false allegation. This week of all weeks. sad

JeezyOrangePips Thu 04-Oct-12 20:58:40

What do you mean 'this week of all weeks?'

Children go missing every day in the UK. Just very few of them hit the headlines.

The plotline will have been written and filmed long in advance.

I'm not sure what you think they've done wrong.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 04-Oct-12 21:01:28

Plus, Maddie is 37 17/18 so hardly paedophilia.

EduCated Thu 04-Oct-12 21:02:44

I did think it was a bit ill-timed.

And it wasn't exactly handled very well. It gave the impression thr school girls hit on teachers then lie about it and it isn't a big deal. There was no suggestion of it being reported. As was pointed out, he wasn't exactly fighting her off hmm

vodkaanddietirnbru Thu 04-Oct-12 21:03:37

you cant really compare the two situations

MammaTJisWearingGold Thu 04-Oct-12 21:03:54

They would have filmed it ages ago though.

JeezyOrangePips Thu 04-Oct-12 21:03:57

Is Maddie the person in waterloo road? I don't watch it, but I'm assuming the op is posting in relation to April.

JeezyOrangePips Thu 04-Oct-12 21:04:46

Ah, no, in relation to Megan. I understand now.

vodkaanddietirnbru Thu 04-Oct-12 21:06:46

I was also thinking it was related to April, silly me!

desertgirl Thu 04-Oct-12 21:08:15

and possibly also in relation to the BBC's own apparent blind eye turned to Jimmy Savile's activities, no?

Helpyourself Thu 04-Oct-12 21:33:07

Sorry, I meant specifically in relation to the Jimmy Savile situation. Where the BBC turned a blind eye to a child molester, aided by a culture where girls were thought to be lying or leading men on.

The filmed in advance thing doesn't wash- they pulled Bad Cop part way through, quite rightly so.

It points at a completely Neanderthal culture. Throughout writing, filming, editing no-one can have spoken up or been listened to that this is a massively wrong message to be giving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now