Talk

Advanced search

people should use the same discipline all year around

(3 Posts)
santaisNOTathreat Thu 04-Oct-12 20:46:42

It is that time of year again, i have heard the threat 5 times today, on the bus and in asda also out collecting 'something from nature' item for DD nursery if you are not good then santa will not bring you presents

why not just do what you would do if it was June or July. Unless they threaten santa all year around but i highly doubt it.

SecretNutellaFix Thu 04-Oct-12 20:49:58

Far better they fear the fat bloke in a red coat who exists once a year, than all shop workers.

That pisses me off.

Behave or that lady will tell you off/shout at you/smack you.

If I do speak to your child while he's wrecking my shop, then please don't give me the filthies when I ask them politely to stop swinging from the racks. AFTER you have told them I will shout.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Thu 04-Oct-12 20:57:49

I agree with you, but even for parents who don't, it's far too early to start using the Santa threat. I think it teaches children to be materialistic and especially when Christmas is months away, I can't see the point in getting children all wound up about Christmas before we have even had Halloween and bonfire night. It sends the message that the only reason to be well behaved is for material gain, and that that material gain is so important that you have to think about it months in advance.

It is lazy and crap parenting IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now