Talk

Advanced search

Would you have rewashed this?

(55 Posts)
Gentleness Thu 04-Oct-12 20:03:20

Somewhat light-hearted straw poll...

I've been sorting through the kids clothes and had a pile ready to box up that will fit ds2 shortly so need to be kept handy. They were on the bed, half folded and away but the job was interrupted because hey, that happens with 2 toddlers. And then, I forgot the job was half done, because hey, that happens with 2 toddlers. So when it got to our bedtime DH had to move the box out of the way. In the process of doing so, he knocked a really thick, padded cardigan off the pile onto his dirty pants which, as he thinks is normal behaviour, he had dumped on the floor. He didn't notice this and when I did (in the morning), I put the cardigan in the wash. (Note well here - the laundry bin is 3 feet from where these pants were stashed on the floor.) Ok, I was very cross a bit irritated as I did so - it is one of those things that take forever to dry and goodness knows, I have enough laundry to keep on top of.

DH thought it was madness to rewash it. But it was right on top of his INSIDE OUT worn boxers. I felt a bit sick even thinking of then folding it up with all the rest of the clean clothes and storing it, and I am really not a fussy person usually. He blames pregnancy hormones for me finding it so grim. Our reactions were so different that I'm after some other opinions - would you have rewashed or turned a blind eye?

Nagoo Thu 04-Oct-12 20:04:46

Yes I would have rewashed it.

Filthy poo pants dirty DH.

MadgeHarvey Thu 04-Oct-12 20:05:00

Oh. Bum germs again! No - I wouldn't have unless it had landed bullseye on an undried skiddy. Life is too short and I can assure you nobody would have died if you hadn't washed it again.

ArthurShappey Thu 04-Oct-12 20:05:59

Errrrmmm I'm not sure I'd have bothered rewashing, no.

pjmama Thu 04-Oct-12 20:06:14

Not sure if I'd have rewashed, but I'd certainly be considering confiscating all of his undercrackers until he can learn to put used ones in the laundry bin - dirty bugger.

frootshoots Thu 04-Oct-12 20:06:51

Inside out worn boxers... I'd have rewashed.

notanaxemurderer Thu 04-Oct-12 20:08:41

I wouldn't have bothered and I think you're being a bit OTT. Do you ever catch the bus/sit in a doctor's surgery/brush up against a shopping trolley while wearing the cardy? I think your husband's bum germs are probably mild in comparison to the great unknown legion of bacteria out in the greater world.

Numberlock Thu 04-Oct-12 20:09:18

How dirty were his 'dirty pants'?

notanaxemurderer Thu 04-Oct-12 20:09:51

I'm also surprised you're that squeamish with two toddlers!

DowagersHump Thu 04-Oct-12 20:10:14

Were your DH's boxers encrusted with shit? If not, you're bonkers

BallyGoBackwards Thu 04-Oct-12 20:11:10

Rewashed it, no. I would have boiled it!!!!

PuppyMonkey Thu 04-Oct-12 20:12:38

Has he got a problem with wiping his bum? confused

Just how much excrement was left in these pants?

GoSakuramachi Thu 04-Oct-12 20:12:49

No of course not. You feel sick at the thought of childrens clothes touching worn pants?
Serious ishoos.

Gentleness Thu 04-Oct-12 20:13:30

Ha - no visible dirt, but these clothes are going to be boxed up for another 4 months probably and won't all the invisible dirt multiply exponentially so that when I reopen the box it will be a festering mass of bum germs? (Tongue-in-cheek there - I think probably dh is right that having heartburn is making me find all sorts of things grim what don't usually bother me at all...)

Gentleness Thu 04-Oct-12 20:15:04

Plus - they do scratch a lot these men, don't they? So what about scratty little skin particles and dead hair.

I really have to stop thinking about this...

notanaxemurderer Thu 04-Oct-12 20:15:17

Bloody hell, OP. If I thought the way you do I would go stark staring mad!

<runs screaming from festering mass of bum germs>

phantomnamechanger Thu 04-Oct-12 20:15:39

I would have!

I rewash stuff that falls off the line even if its not visibly mucky - just in case, well maybe not the odd sock but definitely if its pants/hankies/flannels etc

bumperella Thu 04-Oct-12 20:21:28

Maybe my DH's man-parts (ahem) are more - saulbrious- than most? I'd be more concerned about his wearing boxers, does he really find them supportive enough?

Badgersnatch Thu 04-Oct-12 22:13:50

I would have rewashed. I wrap DH's dirty pants in another item of clothing to take them to the washing machine - oddly I don't bother doing that with the kids.

SuperTressy Thu 04-Oct-12 23:20:19

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that Badgersnatch smile

Pandemoniaa Fri 05-Oct-12 01:21:09

No. I wouldn't have rewashed them.

But then as I recently discovered on a similar thread, I am criminally lax about Bum Germs. Quite how I managed to get two children to adulthood without them succumbing to the sort of diseases that I now realise would make the Great Plague pale into insignificance I cannot imagine.

Softlysoftly Fri 05-Oct-12 01:30:55

I' released the pile of clean Muslim cloths DH dumped his dirty pants pile on top of so I'm clearly on your side. The thought of wiping DD2s little rosebud mouth on his grimy bum germs erk.

And I'm totally scummy normally!

Softlysoftly Fri 05-Oct-12 01:32:10

Rewashed clearly, I didn't release them, they didn't mutate into some kind of alive bum germ monster needing to feel the wind in its grimy skid marked hair hmm

Startailoforangeandgold Fri 05-Oct-12 01:34:24

No and I don't re wash things that fall off the line.
That's barking mad.

Pippa6774 Fri 05-Oct-12 04:04:46

i would re wash the whole lot when i took them out of storage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now