Talk

Advanced search

So cross my brother is having his fourth child

(18 Posts)
Mosman Thu 04-Oct-12 16:14:10

He has 2 already he doesn't see, doesn't support financially but according to Facebook they are his world.
Now with another young girl of 19 he has a you g baby already and they've just posted a scan photo of number two. At 26 he's never had a job got more than 6 months and neither has she although she does at least have the excuse of being young.
So to all those that don't believe folk like this exist I can testify they do. And you are supporting them indefinitely.
Pissed off of tumbridge wells

monkeysbignuts Thu 04-Oct-12 16:16:58

it may be irresponsible but they are both adults and sorry to say this but its not really your business.
when you have a drug taking brother who has kids and can't look after them so the system has to remove them, then you can complain

Caerlaverock Thu 04-Oct-12 16:17:49

Buy him some condoms

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 16:18:10

It's funny how some parents are desperate to show the world what good parents they are yet aren't too bothered about showing this to the actual children.

Hope they have a good Auntie in you!

grovel Thu 04-Oct-12 16:18:15

YANBU.

He sounds like a feckless fuckwit to me.

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 16:18:33

Or Uncle . .

Filibear Thu 04-Oct-12 16:19:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Mosman Thu 04-Oct-12 16:20:15

We aren't allowed to see the other two, the mother is an idiot who doesn't take them to school if she's tired, I could write a book about her.
It's so sad, I'm keeping out of his way tbh or I might say something I regret.

tittytittyhanghang Thu 04-Oct-12 16:23:17

YANBU, but be prepared to be told you are along the lines of its none of your business/your benefit bashing (whats being unemployed got to do with it). Now had you posted that you have three children, 2 of whom you didn't see and don't support financially, didn't work, and was considering having a fourth, the answers of course would be different smile

Mosman Thu 04-Oct-12 16:28:02

Is isn't my business I'm well aware of that, doesn't stop me feeling very sad for the older two and pretty disgusted about the situation though. Oh and he's assaulted both women at one stage, we are so proud grrrrrr

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 16:31:34

It's your family, so really it is your business, you've every right to have an opinion.

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 16:32:03

I don't understand this attitude that the only things that are 'your business' are your own actions.

monkeysbignuts Thu 04-Oct-12 16:35:16

my brother and sil have had their kids removed and put into foster care so I do see where your coming from, don't get me wrong. Point is there is nothing you can do about it.
I just try and be there for my niece and nephew because their parents are useless idiots.

Gunznroses Thu 04-Oct-12 16:38:10

It is OP's business, because she has a responsibility as an aunt towards the children he is spewing, and the rest of us will eventally pick up the tab, infact we probably are already.

Op I completely understand. Recently I was told of my cousin having her 3rd child even though she does not have custody of her first 2. The 3rd has been removed by ss.

It makes me sick. I only found our by accident too, as my DM had kept it from me, due to me having problems concieving dc3 (bless her).

Makes you angry esp when it's your family!

INeverFinishAnythi Thu 04-Oct-12 16:54:10

YANBU at all. My ex is just like that, all over FB about how his son (my DS) means the world to him - hasn't seen him or been in touch in over a year! Sad situation.

NolaFfing Thu 04-Oct-12 16:57:27

I doubt if people doubt that people like your brother exist - there are plenty of lone parents on MN who receive no support from the fathers' of their children after all!

It must be so frustrating, but I'm not sure the two issues of him not bothering with his first 2 children, and him not having a job are particularly related.

lashingsofbingeinghere Thu 04-Oct-12 17:00:56

YANBU but then neither is your DB. In his world there is no real downside to his actions as other people will pick up the tab for his DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now