Talk

Advanced search

To wear my slanket even though it makes DH's fingers go funny?

(23 Posts)
badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 13:22:18

I was given one by my lovely mum (who probably thinks ''it will stop her ever having sex again, mwa ha ha ha'').

I put it on in front of the telly last night as a 'joke' whilst cosying up on the sofa with DH.

He thought it was hideous - but worse is that he can't bear the feel of that fleecy type stuff - it makes him need to lick his fingers and go all funny. But it was so cosy I actually love it now.

So AIBU to wear it during 'cosying up on the sofa' nights (ie most nights) so he either has to keep away from me, or is constantly licking his fingers and going all strange?

It's blue and I luff it.

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 13:24:07

Wear your Husband Repeller with cosy pride. It's a bit like an invisibility cloak when you think about it.

laurenamium Thu 04-Oct-12 13:24:46

You might find your cosy sofa nights for 2 mean its just you and your slanket in the future!

MumsGoToReykjavik Thu 04-Oct-12 13:24:46

YABVVVU.

(but only because I can't stand the feeling either, especially with short nails <shudders>)

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 13:25:56

grin I like that name. So much groovier than 'slanket'.

Could make it exciting too - ie if he finds me on the sofa without it, it's a secret signal for a bit of wayhay grin

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Thu 04-Oct-12 13:28:27

You should buy a copy of [[ http://thesnuggiesutra.com/ this]]

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 13:29:37

Never gonna happen. Dread to think what would happen if he got slanket-fleece on his little man grin

Pippa6774 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:33:10

My friend bought one of those and her DP had an allergic reaction to it and had to call out an emergency ambulance.

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 13:35:03

Really? shock

Do you know what happened? Did he go all lickey?

NatashaBee Thu 04-Oct-12 13:35:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notsofrownieface Thu 04-Oct-12 13:38:45

I have a red one its great I can study mn in the warmth grin

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 13:43:04

Aw I'd love to get one of these ones but it will never happen sad

happy marrieds

Just look at his little face - pleased as punch! grin

Poledra Thu 04-Oct-12 13:44:10

Give it a wash - when DD1 was a baby we were given a lovely fleecy blanket for her. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get around to washing it, and the first time I used it, it gave me hives. (lucky it was only me and not the baby). After a quick trip through the washng machine, it was fine.

lurkedtoolong Thu 04-Oct-12 13:47:56

I would have one of those double slankets just for me. Roll up over and over again. But then I'd fall off the sofa and have to be unwrapped....

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 13:48:24

Ditch your loser husband and hook yourself up with this guy. See how fulfilled this couple look sharing their slanket love with each other?

www.cnbc.com/id/30350785/Coming_Soon_Collegiate_Snuggies

Bubblemoon Thu 04-Oct-12 13:50:10

Just imagine how licky he'd go if you ever suggested he bite the fleece....that feeling makes my head explode. Could you get him some latex slanket handling gloves?

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 13:52:10

I can't touch wet wool, so I imagine his anti fleece thing is the same. Thinking about rubbing two bits of wet wool together makes me 'Aaaghhhh'.

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 13:56:05

Ha ha - I might just have to bite it in front of him tonight, or just lick it maybe - don't want to make a hole shock

grin

He doesn't like latex either. He would have to sit there all night with marigolds on.

maddening Thu 04-Oct-12 14:11:10

Have you see the ads for cuddle-upits?

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 14:16:10

I have now grin

squoosh Thu 04-Oct-12 14:19:35

My boiler broke down last winter and for a few days I was having hot and heavy fantasises about getting a onesie. Think I might have a peek on the internet and see if I can get one cheap . . . . . . just to be on the safe side you understand!

Uppermid Thu 04-Oct-12 14:23:28

Yabvu. I would have the same problem as your dh and I would hate it if my dh wore one. Can you now get a normal blanket for snuggling under

badtasteflump Thu 04-Oct-12 14:43:47

But I love the arm-bits of a slanket smile

I've tried to google a 'non-fleece'type slanket but there's nothing sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now