Talk

Advanced search

To only tell DH to get his arse out of bed once???

(9 Posts)
maymoon Thu 04-Oct-12 08:12:18

Dh owns a fast food take away. He starts work at 4pm and finishes at 3am, by the time he has driven home and had a quick shower it will be around 3:45am before he goes to bed.

Every week he has to drive an hour away from home to collect ordered stock for the coming week. I placed the order last night, he requested a 10am collection slot, he could have picked anytime from 6am to 6pm. He has picked an early delivery slot the past 2 weeks and it takes me around 30-40 mins to get him to wake up.

ME: It's 8:40am get up.
DH: Uh (turns and faces the wall)
ME: It's 8:45 get up you will be late
DH: (no response)
ME: It's 8:50, are you planning to get up or not?
DH: Uh (pulls cover over face)
ME: IT IS 9am GET UP!
DH: Yeah, yeah (opens eyes for a second and closes again)
ME: Start loudly putting dishes away, hoovering (even in bedroom), putting 17 month old DD in room with any loud toys to hand, have even put her on the bed and she hits him on the face, to which even she gets no response.

We often have this on a normal day when I try to get him up at lunch so he can eat, shower and see DD before work.

So a few things-
AIBU to book a later delivery slot when he requests and earlier one?
AIBU to only tell him once to get up? (if he is too late he will have to hang around at the depot until they have time to get his order out to him or they will send him away and we will have to order again for following day)
AIBU to tip a glass of water over him, after telling him once and he doesn't get up?

JeezyOrangePips Thu 04-Oct-12 08:15:00

What time does he get up when he doesn't have a collection to make? Take that time, add an hour and a half and make that the collection time.

TubbyDuffs Thu 04-Oct-12 08:16:07

Get an alarm clock with two alarms on it, set each alarm about half an hour apart and leave it up to him to get himself up. He is an adult and you already have one child to look after.

Byecklove Thu 04-Oct-12 08:16:57

I'd leave him to get himself up! Then you can get on with enjoying your morning. Just buy him a nice big alarm clock for his next birthday!

DesperatelySeekingPomBears Thu 04-Oct-12 08:17:03

You're his wife, not his mother. He picked the delivery slot so he's capable of setting his alarm clock and making sure he gets up at an appropriate time.

maymoon Thu 04-Oct-12 08:21:31

Normally gets up between 12:15-12:45. I suggested a later collection time but he insisted on the earlier one. Maybe I should just book a later one anyway.

Have tried alarm on his phone but it goes for about 5 mins then he turns it off!

I need one of those traditional alarms that sound like a school bell.

I honestly think he could sleep through anything!

MadgeHarvey Thu 04-Oct-12 08:24:33

Get a second alarm clock and place it on the other side of the room. Do not be anywhere nearby when it's due to go off. grin

Peeenut Thu 04-Oct-12 09:53:24

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-gadgets/clocky-alarm-clock-on-wheels-orange/10584823.html

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/electronics/audio/itek-flying-alarm-clock/10636839.html

Get out the house and leave him to it grin

Whoknowswhocares Thu 04-Oct-12 10:10:00

Well if he insisted on the early slot then he has to be the one to face the consequences. Stop micro managing and let him sort himself out!

Suggest new conversation.....
8.45am. You 'it's 8.45, I'm going out now'

And leave for a walk or something. If he screws up, that's down to him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now